Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO online Master bedroom linen set

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 9:11 am
Hi, we would like to buy new master bedroom linen preferably online. We have 48 inch beds but I remember someone once saying that there is a "normal" size I can buy? We have light blue/ gray walls with like an ivory/light brown tweedy carpet. Does anyone have a linen set that they would recommend that's not too expensive- links would be greatly appreciated! I get so overwhelmed when I try to shop for this stuff and have no idea what price is even reasonable but I know we aren't looking for something super fancy but should be well made. Our current set we bought 7 years ago when we got married.
Thank you so much!

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 9:14 am
try closeout connections online.
Otherwise I don't think you'll have much luck. You're most likely looking for duvet covers and you'll need to make sheets separately.

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 9:15 am
http://www.thecloseoutconnecti.....7.htm

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 9:28 am
thank you for the link. just checked there and found a set I liked but seemed to only come in twin Sad

lfab

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 10:29 am
If you have a full size quilt, as opposed to a twin, you can get full size linen and they work fine. It's a little hard to find sets with duvet covers in this size but definitely doable. Google full size duvet cover linen set and see what comes up. You can also look on amazon, bed bath and beyond, marshall's, tjmaxx, kohls, etc.

sky

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 11:06 am
Quilts are tricky. On 48 beds you can use:
twin - so full set + twin duvet covers
full\Queen - so full set (A plain full quilt isn't so standard)
full or 48" quilt - very difficult to find fitting duvet outside of Jewish stores.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 11:13 am
Someone recently posted a link to another Jewish linen site. It's easier to find linen for 48" beds at the Jewish companies. Does anyone remember where that thread is? The company linked was based in the same area as poster Rubber Ducky IIRC.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 1:38 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Someone recently posted a link to another Jewish linen site. It's easier to find linen for 48" beds at the Jewish companies. Does anyone remember where that thread is? The company linked was based in the same area a poster Rubber Ducky IIRC.

Here's the link to hivelinen
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....05078

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 3:13 pm
so I think I have twin size blanket covers- is there anyway to get just a bottom sheet and pillow cases and matching/contrast... duvet cover? I have no need for a top sheet or a quilt? Does anyone know if its an issue if the background if there is white on the linen-for taharas hamishpacha reasons...

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 3:17 pm
We also have 48" beds and standard comforters and pillows.
I have bought duvet cover sets at $39.99 per bed (each set came with one duvet for the comforter as well as two pillow shams), and bought coordinating fitted 48" sheets at the local shop. Even this way, the total was more than $120 and I didn't think it was worthwhile to do again.

Last edited by ra_mom on Fri, Jun 24 2016, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 3:20 pm
more then 120 for 2 beds or one? so what would you do instead? who thought of this 48 inch business anyway, my dh is like why didn't we get two large beds but we had no way to know that we would have large master bedrooms Smile

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
more then 120 for 2 beds or one? so what would you do instead? who thought of this 48 inch business anyway, my dh is like why didn't we get two large beds but we had no way to know that we would have large master bedrooms Smile

I think it came out to $140 for two beds.
There are complete nice sets available for around $170 while the $140 sets I put together never looked quite as good and were pain to put together too so I don't think it's worthwhile to do again.
Sometimes you can even find nice complete 48" sets at closeout connection for $110.

sky

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 4:22 pm
Elegant linen even has some 100% cotton sets in the back sometimes for $100.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics