Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Rate for doing college papers

amazingmommy

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 5:01 pm
How much would you pay /(charge) for someone do your college papers?

nywife

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 5:06 pm
I know this isn't the answer you're looking for but don't do it. Don't be the writer or the payer. If its discovered that it's not your original work you will face disciplinary action including possible suspension from the program. Don't do it.

eschaya

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 5:10 pm
Um, this doesn't sound very ethical. Or legal.

tichellady

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 5:13 pm
This is not allowed halakhically.

sequoia

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 5:14 pm
As a tutor, I have turned down such jobs in the past. It's wrong and unethical, on both sides.

amazingmommy

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 5:15 pm
Your right everyone, thanks!

tigerwife

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 6:22 pm
I know someone who hired a writer to do her thesis (makes you have lots of faith in our grads Wink ). She said she paid hundreds of dollars for it and it was so awful she had to redo it herself. Lesson learned:

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 7:48 pm
I wouldn't do it.

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 8:02 pm
Disappointed to see this here... As a graduate student, I would never do this. I'd rather do the work, stay up late to write, and edit again and again rather than know that I'd be submitting something that is not my work. I wouldn't feel good about receiving my diploma that way...

As others on this thread have commented, this may not be Halacha-cly correct either. And this is besides the ethics that surround this issue. In fact, some schools even have policies on how student's may go about using someone else for proofreading! Bottom line, the point of written work is for the college/professors to assess the students' grasping of the material, understanding of concepts, ability to transfer the information, and more.

If someone would like to better their writing skills or term paper flow, there are apps, websites, and blogs that offer excellent advice and practice options. And handing in a paper that the student has written him/herself feels a lot better than knowing it has been paid for.

Best of luck!

DrMom

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 3:26 pm
amazingmommy wrote:
Your right everyone, thanks!

[snark]
Aside from the fact that it's completely unethical, I wouldn't want you writing my papers anyway!
[/snark]

watergirl

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 8:16 am
This is bizarre. OP, you're asking people for the going rate for paper writing, and you are so easily convinced that it's not ethical? Were you asking because you are considering hiring a paper writer? Or are you trying to prove a point to someone else?

shoshanim999

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 9:28 am
My heter would be that if its not related to a topic that you're majoring in or will need expertice going forward, its fine. If someone an accounting major then id be ok with someone doing a sociology paper for them. There's heterim for everything. Lets not pretend otherwise.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 9:28 am
watergirl wrote:
Or are you trying to prove a point to someone else?

Maybe this is a modern day Berditchever story Very Happy

watergirl

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 9:34 am
shoshanim999 wrote:
My heter would be that if its not related to a topic that you're majoring in or will need expertice going forward, its fine. If someone an accounting major then id be ok with someone doing a sociology paper for them. There's heterim for everything. Lets not pretend otherwise.

Not so much. Turning in something that you didnt write, with your name on on, is illegal - its plagiarism. Its illegal in the land we live in, so its against halach as well.
Also, its genavas daas - you are causing yor professor to think something is true, which in fact is not. You are passing something off as your own, and its not.

Find a heter for this, and You will also find yet another curropt rav who would give such a heter.

watergirl

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 9:36 am
shoshanim999 wrote:

Also, in any academic institution, there is a
Policy that if you are caught doing this, you are kicked out.
Ps - I am in college now. Most teachers run papers through a screening site, like turnitin.com which catches this type of shtik.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics