Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Looking for delicious chicken cutlet recipes BAKED.

Surprise

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 12:30 am
I'm a working mom and like oven suppers. Any ideas? I don't like when the meat is dry though.
Thanks in advance

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 12:50 am
Use thicker cutlets for baking. My timing and temperatures for recipes are not so exact since I work with a wonky oven.

Marinate in honey, mustard, garlic and oil for a bit, then bread and spray with Pam. Bake around half an hour.

Dip in mayo mixed with garlic powder and paprika, and then in corn flake crumbs mixed with a tablespoon of brown sugar. Spray and bake.

Dip in flour and bake uncovered for twenty minutes. In the meantime, sauté an onion with mushrooms. Add teriyaki and brown sugar (and a bit of wine if you prefer) and cook until absorbed. Pour over chicken and bake covered another ten minutes.

Cut into chunks, then dip first in egg then in crumbs. Spray and bake. After around 20 minutes, mix equal parts ketchup, teriyaki and water and pour over nuggets. Add sesame seeds on top and bake another ten minutes.

Cut into strips and dip into flour. Place in pan on top of sliced onions, peppers and mushrooms. Mix 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 cup brown sugar and two garlic cubes and pour over chicken and vegetables. Mix well until everything is coated and bake covered for an hour.

jump

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 12:58 am
Bread schnitzel with matzoh meal or any crumbs. lay on pan spray with pam generously or add a little oil. bake uncovered for about 45 min.

gold21

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 1:04 am
I do it all the time and its delish

Coat chicken cutlet in mayo, dip into flavored cornflake crumbs, place in pan, bake in oven preheated to 400 for 15-20 min.

Surprise

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 1:23 am
Thank you so so much! Will try them!! Keep em coming.. Any good side dishes to add in while the oven is going?

Surprise

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 1:25 am
tigerwife wrote:
Use thicker cutlets for baking. My timing and temperatures for recipes are not so exact since I work with a wonky oven.

Marinate in honey, mustard, garlic and oil for a bit, then bread and spray with Pam. Bake around half an hour.

Dip in mayo mixed with garlic powder and paprika, and then in corn flake crumbs mixed with a tablespoon of brown sugar. Spray and bake.

Dip in flour and bake uncovered for twenty minutes. In the meantime, sauté an onion with mushrooms. Add teriyaki and brown sugar (and a bit of wine if you prefer) and cook until absorbed. Pour over chicken and bake covered another ten minutes.

Cut into chunks, then dip first in egg then in crumbs. Spray and bake. After around 20 minutes, mix equal parts ketchup, teriyaki and water and pour over nuggets. Add sesame seeds on top and bake another ten minutes.

Cut into strips and dip into flour. Place in pan on top of sliced onions, peppers and mushrooms. Mix 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 cup brown sugar and two garlic cubes and pour over chicken and vegetables. Mix well until everything is coated and bake covered for an hour.

Thanks! Which one do you find is liked best??

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 2:44 am
I think the key to not having them dried out is to cover tightly and don't overbake. If your cutlets are on the thin side, 20 minutes should be more than enough without being too much. I use the same type of marinade I'd use if I were grilling it, but instead of putting it on a grill pan I make a foil pouch around it and seal it tightly by folding it over itself a few times.

aqua1

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 8:40 am
Coat cutlets with flour. Combine equal amounts of soy sauce, brown sugar, and oil and pour over cutlets. Dice zucchini, peppers, or whichever vegetables you want and sprinkle on top. Bake covered. This comes out extremely moist! Serve this with rice or orzo

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 9:23 am
For about 6 cutlets, maybe more, mix:
1/3 c. flour (this is one case where no one can tell if it's whole wheat), 1/2 c. oil and whatever spices you'd like.
Dredge chicken in this mixture. Coat in cornflake crumbs (you'll need about 1 c.).
Bake at 375 about 20 minutes on each side.
You can prep this with fresh raw chicken, freeze and bake though you'll need more time from the freezer.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 9:24 am
aqua1 wrote:
Coat cutlets with flour. Combine equal amounts of soy sauce, brown sugar, and oil and pour over cutlets. Dice zucchini, peppers, or whichever vegetables you want and sprinkle on top. Bake covered. This comes out extremely moist! Serve this with rice or orzo

I make this one and it's delicious, everyone loves it. But, we like it very saucy so that there's a lot of sauce to mix with the rice or orzo. I don't want it to have so much oil or soy sauce, so I add water and put less of the soy sauce and oil.

miri36

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 9:25 am
Super easy and delicious: Coat cutlets in humus and dip into crushed terra chips. If you have a little extra time cook little olive oil and garlic in saucepan and drizzle on top.

The way to make them moist is to spray tops and bottom of pan with pam or drizzle olive oil.
I always bake on 375 or 400 for 10 minutes on each side.

Marinade in olive oil and spices - paprika, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, any other spice blend. That's super moist and yummy.

For side dishes: you can make rice in the oven, roasted potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, grilled veggies.

polka dots

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 9:28 am
I like using the dark cutlets for any baked recipe. It keeps moist and soft.

bsy

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 9:54 am
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. duck sauce
2 T. mustard
1 T. soy sauce

mix ingredients together, dip shnitzel in mixture then coat with flavored corn flake crumbs and bake 375 for 20 -25 min.

the original recipe called for 2 T soy sauce and 1 T mustard -so do whatever you prefer.

987gold

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 10:18 am
Side dishes
Buy frozen onion rings, French fries, or any near east blend rice, quinoa, etc. Time is money......in short time, these are always helpful once or twice a week for a side.

Chicken cutlets
Cut thin
Put in storage bag with mayo (I use Jewish company low fat) honey and mustard, frozen garlic or garlic powder. Mush it around. Coat in cornflake crumbs. Bake covered in 350 20-35 min depending how thin or thick and how many pieces you squish together in a pan

SS6099

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 11:33 am
Lots of these recipes are great. One tip I found to be amazing is to marinate the chicken for a few hours or overnight in a sauce or brine. Amazing every time!

gold21

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 11:39 am
My chicken cutlets are never dried out.
Theres no major secret, its just that u need to take them out when theyre ready, and dont overbake them.
I bake them uncovered. I use thin slices.
They're moist because they're not overbaked.

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 6:49 pm
Mix together ketchup and mayonnaise (and some spices if you wish). Use that to coat the cutlets and then add cornflake crumbs on top. Bake for 40min in a covered pan. No need to turn them over in middle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey