Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
So much camp stuff to stuff into bag

flmommy

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 7:49 pm
How do you fit all the stuff your child needs for DAY camp into their book bag? Bathing suits, towels, lunches, water bottle, hat, sunscreen, water shoes??? It barely fits and its so much to lug.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 7:51 pm
flmommy wrote:
How do you fit all the stuff your child needs for DAY camp into their book bag? Bathing suits, towels, lunches, water bottle, hat, sunscreen, water shoes??? It barely fits and its so much to lug.

I make sure to send a thin towel. Or a bathrobe instead of a towel (I don't send both). Small 8 oz water bottles (1 cold, 1 frozen for way home). Lunch and/or snack should be compact.
Sunscreen and hat I leave at camp. Water jellies too sometimes.
Sometimes it still is a bit much so I put everything into a 2 gallon ziploc, squeeze out the air, and zip close so it's more compact. Then I put it in the backpack.

cnc

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 7:55 pm
My kids leave their swimming stuff in camp and only bring it home at the end of the week. (Camp policy)

flmommy

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 8:16 pm
I wish my kids could leave something at camp!! Only thing hey can leave is a siddur. So everyday they come home with wet backpacks and then we start over again.... I really do need a thin towel I think that's half my problem. Thanks ladies.

gold21

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 8:37 pm
I get a really big bag, not a knapsack and not a camp bag

Its like a beach tote bag. Fits everything, though it can be a bit tight.

mha3484

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 9:27 pm
The dri soft towels are the best! Folds up thin and dries quickly. I also pack a reusable bottle and it gets filled and refilled at camp.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children