Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Virus. Please help!!

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 11:48 pm
Anyone ever experienced extreme diahrrea with a baby/toddler (my baby just turned a year). Hes having extreme diahrrea and developed a terrible rash in his diaper area thats not healing because hes not stopping to have bad diahrrea ontop of it. I changed him once every half today. No kidding.
How do I get rid of this? I was trying to give him bananas and oatmeal and rice dream during the day but it doesnt seem to be helping.
Somebody help me!!! Hes in sick agony everytime he makes and I try pampering him and all I could do is cry along with him ;(

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 12:03 am
Hug

Have you called or taken him to the pediatrician? If not, then that's the first step.

It's important to keep your son hydrated right now. Can you get Pedialyte? If he won't drink, try giving him ices.

Do you have a strong diaper cream to help the rash and act as a barrier? There are many products out there so you may want to switch to something else if yours isn't doing the trick. You may also be able to get prescription strength cream from your pediatrician.

ohmygosh

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 12:31 am
1. Continue with the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast).
2. Lots of fluids. Pedialyte is a good choice like a previous poster wrote. Your goal is to avoid dehydration.
3. Buy a bottle of probiotics in the pharmacy. They make liquid for children. Put it into his bottle or give it to him separately. Helps to restore proper flora in the digestive tract.

Re: his diaper rash- you may require a prescription like Nystatin if its a fungal infection. Show the rash to his pediatrician.

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 3:16 am
Florastor kids is great. Buy it in the pharmacy. It helps restore the flora in the stomach which helps for diarrhea. My dr told me abt it and it works really well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics