Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
DD14 wants to read The Dark Tower series

mazelandbracha

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 3:19 pm
Is Stephen King appropriate? I never read them, I don't like science fiction. Has anybody here read them? The reviews made them sound too mature for a 14 year old girl, but she is running out of books to read.
Thanks!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 4:02 pm
I don`t specifically recall the dark Tower series but Stephen King does tend to have some zex in his books, so I`m not sure if you would want her reading them. It`s not one of his more gruesome stories and as always the characters are well developed and the story line is excellent.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 8:16 pm
There's definitely relations, bad words, violence, and witchcraft. They're still amazing stories (except the last two books, which really went off the rails). I definitely recommend that you read them before your son to determine if you feel they're acceptable, and if there are parts that you think are inappropriate to decide how to handle that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room