Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Labor & Delivery in RBS?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 8:08 pm
Moving to RBS Aleph in July. Due in November.

Where do women go for delivering their babies? My husband says that Hadassah and Shaarei Tzedek seem too far.

Does it matter which kupat you are in, re:hospital choice?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 1:26 am
I have friends from rbs who drove to hadasa ein kerem. There isnt anything that is closer.

And no. Kupah has no baring on which hospital you pick.

m in Israel

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 1:34 am
Like Shabbat said, the Kuppah has nothing to do with which hospital you deliver in -- hospitals aren't even paid by the kuppot, they are paid by bituach leumi.

There is currently no hospital in Beit Shemesh (although one is in the early planning stages). Women give birth mostly in Yerushalayim. I also know of some women who have gone to Mayanai Hayeshua in Bnai Brak to give birth -- it's a drop farther than Yerushalayim, but not much.

If you tend to have fast labors plan to leave early and/or call hatzala to take you to the hospital. I don't know if it makes you feel better or worse, but the Beit Shemesh area leads the country by far in the number of ambulance births each year. So many of the hatzala guys are rather experienced in this area Smile

Last edited by m in Israel on Tue, Jun 28 2016, 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

m in Israel

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 1:35 am
Also, both ST and HEK are not really so far from RBS if you avoid traffic. An ambulance can make it in under half an hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions