Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Mesilah - Lakewood

jewishmom5

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 9:42 pm
Anyone know the best way to get through to Mesilah in lakewood? I've been trying to get through for a while already and I left numerous messages but no one is calling back.

sourstix

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 9:45 pm
I tried and I was told they are not taking new cases. Why they advertise I don't know. They have gatherings to educate but don't help you when you need the help

jewishmom5

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 10:12 pm
Really? That's interesting. My dh recently went to one of their classes and he spoke to the person in charge and he said there's a 3 month wait. We've been trying to get through since then to put ourselves on the waiting list but their not returning our calls. Which number were you calling?

sourstix

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 10:46 pm
No I don't have a need for something that doesn't offer anything. I didn't keep the number and it was somewhere during the winter that I called sorry I don't have info. Maybe someone here does. Maybe they are listed in the book

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 11:28 pm
I'm with sourstix...we filled out an application 8 months ago and emailed it in. We heard nothing. I called and called and then finally heard they have a 2 yr waiting list. A friend of mine drove up to Montreal because the Mesilla branch there had an opening and with no other alternatives she grabbed it.

(I imagine all the gatherings and ads you speak of are paid for by govt funds, probably like the PCS Agudah job-finding office that never actually finds jobs...)

jewishmom5

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 12:48 am
groisamomma wrote:
I'm with sourstix...we filled out an application 8 months ago and emailed it in. We heard nothing. I called and called and then finally heard they have a 2 yr waiting list. A friend of mine drove up to Montreal because the Mesilla branch there had an opening and with no other alternatives she grabbed it.

(I imagine all the gatherings and ads you speak of are paid for by govt funds, probably like the PCS Agudah job-finding office that never actually finds jobs...)

If you don't mind me asking, did you find someone else to help you out? We're pretty desperate and if Mesilla isn't going to work out then we need to find someone who can help us.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 10:22 am
jewishmom5 wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, did you find someone else to help you out? We're pretty desperate and if Mesilla isn't going to work out then we need to find someone who can help us.

No, and we're deeper in the hole than ever...

happy12

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 11:54 am

My daughter got a job thru PCS. My husband got interviews thru them.

leah233

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 12:03 pm
groisamomma wrote:

My husband would not have a job today if not for PCS. And I can think of plenty of other people that statement applies to.

cnc

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 12:08 pm
We used to have a family business in Lakewood and hired around 10-15 people (and interviewed probably double that amount) through PCS.

sky

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 12:31 pm
I was looking for a professional job years ago and went to PCS and was told they tried to help men and established families first. I was also asked if I wanted to spend my time while looking for a job volunteering. I was very put off.

I've also tried giving them job positions in my current company and it has become such a pain I've stopped, I've been given multiple numbers to call.

mommyla

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 1:12 pm
I also got a job through PCS. It was a "right place at the right time" kind of opportunity but I wouldn't have gotten it if not for PCS.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics