Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Notes from Reizel Reit TTI BA program
Previous  1  2

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 11:03 am
Can someone explain to me how its possible to do a BA in ONE year??? (I just checked out the TTI website) I'm doing a BA now and it takes minimum 3 years of full time learning. (or up to 12 part time) Its divided into 12 modules and you can take 1-4 modules per year. I've done 1-2 modules per year and it takes ALL my spare time. I honestly cannot see how that amount of work can be crammed into a year. Maybe 2 years if you include the summer is possible (most universities close in may) but one year seems insane.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 11:07 am
TTI does a lot of credits through CLEPs and tests on Parshah and other subjects which don't require much effort to pass.

(Hence, Testing and Training International.)

There's also a lot of shortcuts. For example, their Capstone project (which is like the undergrad thesis) is 5 short essays with guided steps, whereas other colleges have a 25+ page minimum.

The TTI bachelors is a joke - the Masters from what I hear is a lot more intense and takes about the same amount of time as other masters usually.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 11:20 am
amother wrote:
Can someone explain to me how its possible to do a BA in ONE year??? (I just checked out the TTI website) I'm doing a BA now and it takes minimum 3 years of full time learning. (or up to 12 part time) Its divided into 12 modules and you can take 1-4 modules per year. I've done 1-2 modules per year and it takes ALL my spare time. I honestly cannot see how that amount of work can be crammed into a year. Maybe 2 years if you include the summer is possible (most universities close in may) but one year seems insane.

Exactly why many people are of the opinion that it is a sketchy and perhaps worthless program, and rumors have it that a graduate from this program would find it difficult to get a job outside of the heimishe community.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:30 pm
amother wrote:
TTI does a lot of credits through CLEPs and tests on Parshah and other subjects which don't require much effort to pass.

(Hence, Testing and Training International.)

There's also a lot of shortcuts. For example, their Capstone project (which is like the undergrad thesis) is 5 short essays with guided steps, whereas other colleges have a 25+ page minimum.

The TTI bachelors is a joke - the Masters from what I hear is a lot more intense and takes about the same amount of time as other masters usually.

I never heard of an undergrad thesis. Got my bachelors from a regular well known university.

momx6

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:33 pm
I did my ba and ma through TTI. I did my BA in 1.5 years. My masters took 1 year and 1 summer). I BH am working in the board of education as a special ed teacher doing just fine. Alot of experience comes with the job!

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:39 pm
momx6 wrote:
I did my ba and ma through TTI. I did my BA in 1.5 years. My masters took 1 year and 1 summer). I BH am working in the board of education as a special ed teacher doing just fine. Alot of experience comes with the job!

Sorry, Touro takes longer than that. I thought their BA was short! About 3 years... Plus seminary.

My MA took 3 years including a summer.
And not sure I want you "learning on the job" with my kids. When did you student teach? Externships??
Now I know not to hire from TTI.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:48 pm
amother wrote:
I never heard of an undergrad. Got my bachelors from a regular well known university.

Uh, an undergrad is your bachelors.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:52 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry, Touro takes longer than that. I thought their BA was short! About 3 years... Plus seminary.

And not sure I want you "learning on the job" with my kids. When did you student teach? Externships??

The fact that you were in school longer does not mean you know more upon graduation.
Like I said upthread, I did TTI and I would like to add that I completed all fieldwork requirements for the degree, I did a dissertation in front of a panel of judges, and have a kosher degree like my fellow OTs

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 2:15 pm
amother wrote:

Wow! That's pretty nasty. I happen to be a very effective teacher that parents want me year after year for all their kids!

I've seen teachers in my school from fancy colleges who don't know a thing about teaching and classroom management!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Jul 02 2016, 6:56 pm
I wouldn't pride myself too much on graduating from Touro. I wrote college reports and dissertations for several of their students (undergrad and graduate level) so I personally would never hire any of their graduates. (Yes, I know it's illegal, but don't lose sight of the main point which is that many Touro graduates know next to nothing when they graduate with their fancy MA degrees.)

flippingout18!

Post Sat, Jul 02 2016, 7:04 pm
amother wrote:
I wouldn't pride myself too much on graduating from Touro. I wrote college reports and dissertations for several of their students (undergrad and graduate level) so I personally would never hire any of their graduates. (Yes, I know it's illegal, but don't lose sight of the main point which is that many Touro graduates know next to nothing when they graduate with their fancy MA degrees.)

Im not going on anon, but this was a very very snarky and nasty comment. Do you feel better by saying it?? I graduated from Touro and am very proud of it. For the students you wrote papers for that is a small percentage of the actual students that go to class, do well and excel in their studies.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Jul 02 2016, 7:44 pm
amother wrote:

And I wouldn't pride myself or publicly announce that I've done something completely illegal and assur and written college reports and dissertations for multiple students.

(btw, this happens in every single college. there are people making a handsome unethical income by writing academic papers for students in various colleges.)

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Jul 02 2016, 7:55 pm
amother wrote:
The fact that you were in school longer does not mean you know more upon graduation.
Like I said upthread, I did TTI and I would like to add that I completed all fieldwork requirements for the degree, I did a dissertation in front of a panel of judges, and have a kosher degree like my fellow OTs

You have an online masters degree in OT? How did you do your labs and practicals?

cnc

Post Sat, Jul 02 2016, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
You have an online masters degree in OT? How did you do your labs and practicals?

I met an OT from TTI and she told me that she did Biology lab thru kits that was given to her (with a fetal pig etc) on Skype or some other online communication method....
I thought that was very interesting.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Jul 02 2016, 8:37 pm
amother wrote:

Following that logic, I guess you would never hire anyone from Harvard either:

http://nypost.com/2013/09/06/t.....vard/

Cheaters never win — but they get into Harvard!

Nearly half of the school’s incoming freshmen admitted to cheating on homework, exams or other assignments in their young academic careers, according to a survey by the Ivy League institution’s student newspaper.

“Some of the newest members of that community are already guilty of academic dishonesty,” The Harvard Crimson declared in its summary of the findings.

The elite institution is still reeling from a 2012 cheating scandal in which dozens of kids swapped and plagiarized answers during a course called “Introduction to Congress.”

An estimated 70 students were booted when the scandal blew up. And some unrepentant cheaters claimed they merely “collaborated” on the exam, and vowed to sue the university.

If the Crimson’s new findings are any indication, the school could be headed down that dark path again.

Of the 1,300 students surveyed, 42 percent admitted they had cheated on homework, and 17 percent took shortcuts on take-home assignments.

The school’s jocks cheat more than the nerds, and boys cheat more than girls, the survey found.

Overall, one in 10 freshmen owned up to cheating on an exam.

The president of the Crimson, Bobby Samuels, told The Post he was appalled that “every one in 10 people you see walking around the halls cheated on an exam.”

But he added that the new kids have a chance to “grow up,” and pointed to Harvard’s most recent survey of outgoing seniors, which found much lower levels of self-reported cheating.

The good news for Harvard is that “84 percent of respondents put academics first when asked to rank their anticipated priorities among academics, extracurriculars, varsity sports, paid employment and social life,” the Crimson reported.

The survey found that 36 percent of respondents planned to study between 20 and 29 hours a week — and 26 percent said they anticipate spending between 30 and 39 hours hitting the books.

Only 4 percent said they planned to study more than 50 hours in a week.

The student dishonesty is in line with nationwide surveys of campus chicanery, experts said.

“But at the same time, Harvard does create certain pressures,” said Don McCabe, a Rutgers University professor of global management and business, and founder of the International Center for Academic Integrity.

“Harvard’s almost a guarantee of success, so in that sense, getting in is the trick.”

Of course, the survey of potential cheaters is relying on honest feedback.

“We have reason to believe that students who cheat might also lie about cheating,” said ICAI Director Teresa Fishman.

Oh well. Your loss.

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Jul 02 2016, 9:34 pm
amother wrote:

I went to Touro for my BA. No one wrote my papers for me. And then I got into a MA program at a decent university. With rigorous testing that if you failed you were kicked out of the program.

And you cheated and helped others cheat. Good for you.

cnc

Post Sat, Jul 02 2016, 9:40 pm
amother wrote:

This reflects more badly on you than on Touro graduates in general.
There are going to be cheaters in every place and it's not college specific.
I would assume that by assisting them, you are just as much of a cheater as the students that you wrote papers for.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Jul 02 2016, 10:22 pm
amother wrote:
Uh, an undergrad is your bachelors.

Whoops, meant to say undergrad thesis. Edited my post.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Jul 02 2016, 10:25 pm
amother wrote:
Whoops, meant to say undergrad thesis. Edited my post.

It is a major research project, aka the 'senior thesis', done in your last few semesters as an undergrad. I think it only became a mandatory requirement relatively recently.

chabadnikit

Post Sat, Apr 22 2017, 7:35 pm
Well this is an old thread, but I see that there were a few anonymous posts from women who have completed OT degrees from the TTI program. If any of you could PM me I would greatly appreciate some feedback on the program. Thank you!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries