Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
ISO Bathing Suit for Tall Thin Teenager

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 7:11 pm
Help! My daughter is 5'4 size 00 and doesnt fit into even the smallest bra size yet. Kids bathing suits don't work because of her height. Even when we find a size 14 or 16 that's long enough it's usually too wide. Women's bathing suits don't work because she cannot fill them in top. Does anyone have any ideas?

sped

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 7:18 pm
Did you try Lands end? I found they worked for me when other brands didn't.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 9:44 pm
Lands End is my go to but she really can't wear the children's sizes anymore and you need a real chest to fill out a Lands End women's bathing suit.
Does anyone have a daughter with a similar build and know where I can find her a bathing suit?

gande

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 9:53 pm
Speedo. I ordered for myself and it ran terribly narrow totally not my shape I'm petite with thighs. I think it didn't have cups or anything on top.

SingALong

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 10:39 pm
My dd age11 is 5"4 size xs-s. I got her some ladies suits online at target and Kohls.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 11:06 pm
Thank you grande and singalong will try your suggestions now. We actually were in target and Kohls today but should probably look online.
Where is the best (as in prices) place to get speedos?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jul 04 2016, 12:29 pm
I was like that! (Actually, I kind of still am because my chest is still tiny). I've found that the best bathing suits are bathing suits designed for competitive swimming (hence, why some speedos are good, but there are other brands as well). This is because if you are swimming competitively, you are trying to be as fast as possible and want your chest to be as compressed as possible to avoid extra drag in the water.

Just go to a sporting goods store and look at the selection - that's where I got mine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children