Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Need efficient way to keep floors clean

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 2:29 am
Potty training is freaking me out! Help! How does the bathroom stay clean? (And the kitchen while I'm asking)

Either I am grossed out walking around my house or exhausted from cleaning it all day long...

glamourmom

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 9:47 am
I'm afraid there aren't any other options. either you learn to live with the dirt/mess or you clean it up and get a backache.

maybe get cleaning help but that's not going to help 100% of the time unless she's a live in.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 10:17 am
I put floor cleaner in a shpritz bottle and whenever there is an accident I shpritz and use either a shmatte, paper towel etc. to wipe it up.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 10:28 am
Ditto - just spritz a cleaner and use an old rag or paper towel to clean up.

Simple1

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 11:11 am
I love Clorox or Lysol wipes for these types of situations.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 11:49 am
http://swiffer.com/en-us/shop-.....r-kit

the others are the more economical way to clean - but this is the lazy way out

I would also focus on bringing your child to the bathroom more often & teaching her to clean up should she have an accident - a good way for her to learn that pee goes into the toilet [obviously you'll have to do a better job after she helps]

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 12:51 pm
greenfire wrote:
http://swiffer.com/en-us/shop-products/mopping/swiffer-wetjet-mop-starter-kit

the others are the more economical way to clean - but this is the lazy way out

I would also focus on bringing your child to the bathroom more often & teaching her to clean up should she have an accident - a good way for her to learn that pee goes into the toilet [obviously you'll have to do a better job after she helps]

I was thinking the child is a boy, because I never had that problem with DD. Boys tend to think that Hashem gifted them with their own personal fire hose, and that the whole bathroom is ablaze!

studying_torah

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 1:00 pm
Perfect imagery ff!
What about putting down some plastic tablecloths, or better yet some puppy pee pads. This way you can throw it away and no mess

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 1:03 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Perfect imagery ff!
What about putting down some plastic tablecloths, or better yet some puppy pee pads. This way you can throw it away and no mess

LOL!

Put newspaper down, and if they miss, rub their nose in the spot. Then hit them with a rolled up newspaper. Be sure to keep treats handy for when they do it right, and give lots of praise.

Oh wait, I thought we were in the "Pets" forum! embarrassed LOL

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 6:02 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I was thinking the child is a boy, because I never had that problem with DD. Boys tend to think that Hashem gifted them with their own personal fire hose, and that the whole bathroom is ablaze!

I never had that problem with sonny boy & I even taught him to leave the seat down
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry