Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Men on their period- show your dh!
1  2  Next

pointyshoes

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 2:06 pm

greenfire

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 3:02 pm
that is great ... I'm sure the help in understanding women was minuscule to the reality

although men do go through Testosterone Fluctuation Syndrome [yes I coined the term]- just not every month

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 3:36 pm
Those guys needed to be in a LOT more pain! Their clothes should have all been one size too small. Everything in their refrigerator should be food that they don't like, so that nothing will sound good, and for everything they are craving will have to go to the store. Even better, the store won't have it in stock, and they'll have to drive around town looking for it. If they can't relate to breast tenderness, then they should have clothes pins on their nipples.

3 days is not nearly long enough. Just when they think it's over, it should start again with no warning, and stop and start randomly over the next 3 days. Preferably, this should happen when they have a very important meeting to attend, and they need to give it their undivided attention.

Bonus points if there is a way to get them to cry for no reason.

Periods are the original trolls. Twisted Evil

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Wed, Jul 06 2016, 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Talya

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 4:22 pm
They should have had some sort of deep tissue massage contraption strapped to their lower abdomen punching them throughout the day.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 5:47 pm
Talya wrote:
They should have had some sort of deep tissue massage contraption strapped to their lower abdomen punching them throughout the day.

And the kidneys, too. Don't forget lower back cramps!

studying_torah

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 6:13 pm
Everything you all said, plus What about the pms? And who only bleeds for 3 days? The diarrhea? The flood of blood every time we change positions, laugh, sneeze etc? The migraines? The horrible mood swings? The nausea and vomiting? Stabbing pain down below plus cramps ?
The pads that get soaked after 15 minutes? The total weakness and exhaustion?

treestump

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 6:20 pm
I wouldn't risk doing all the things everyone mentioned if I was the one conducting this.

These men would probably die by day 4, or go completely crazy from the agony.

I wouldn't want to risk being sued by their relatives.

sequoia

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 6:33 pm
Everything previous posters have said.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 7:01 pm
Let's face it. If men had to give birth, they'd be handing out hysterectomies on demand.

We'd all be extinct within a generation.

Now tell me again, who's the weaker gender? Scratching Head

treestump

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 7:03 pm
My grandmother had a similar line: If men were the ones giving birth, the human race would disappear after one generation.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 7:07 pm
Not really. If men would have periods they would deal with it the same way women deal with it because it would just be a fact of life... Same for childbirth..... Come on....

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 7:17 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
Not really. If men would have periods they would deal with it the same way women deal with it because it would just be a fact of life... Same for childbirth..... Come on....

Have you ever seen a guy in the throes of "Man Flu"? Apparently it's not the same type of flu that women get, where even if we manage to stay home from work, we're still supposed to be able to cook, clean, and take care of the kids.

The Man Flu is some kind of mutant combination of the Epstein-Barr West Nile Ebola Virus. The world stops it's usual orbit, and revolves around his moaning and need for chicken soup.

The first time a man gets morning sickness, he will automatically think that it's a new, and possibly fatal form of the Man Flu. You'd think he was the first man in the history of forever to throw up in the morning.

I doubt they'd be able to hold out the full 9 months, and would be flinging themselves off of cliffs like a bunch of lemmings.

treestump

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 7:19 pm
FF, Rolling Laughter

Spot on with most of the male population I know.

Wonder if there's a cartoon somewhere of a woman with double pneumonia serving tea and toast to her husband who's sniffling in bed with a cold on her way to work.

gold21

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 7:32 pm
No I haven't noticed that men react more strongly to a virus than women do. I've heard this mentioned a number of times on imamother though.... maybe my family members are just unusual in this regard lol... but in general I do dislike stereotypes.

To be honest, when I have a bad virus I'm usually worse off than when my husband has a bad virus. And I'm no crybaby.

As for periods... I mean, there's Motrin for cramps (or prescription drugs if Motrin doesn't do the trick). I don't get menstrual headaches. I don't feel particularly exhausted, though it is true that I probably do get a little more tired than usual. So for me, it's mostly the bloat, the messiness of it all, the moodiness, and the random food cravings. It's not like the biggest deal in the world for me. It's more annoying than anything else.

2cents

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 8:40 pm
Ami magazine actually had a "fact or myth" last week about whether or not men actually feel physically worse than women when sick.

Surprise, they don't. They just act like it's worse. Hence, man flu.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 8:45 pm
gold21 wrote:
No I haven't noticed that men react more strongly to a virus than women do. I've heard this mentioned a number of times on imamother though.... maybe my family members are just unusual in this regard lol... but in general I do dislike stereotypes.

To be honest, when I have a bad virus I'm usually worse off than when my husband has a bad virus. And I'm no crybaby.

As for periods... I mean, there's Motrin for cramps (or prescription drugs if Motrin doesn't do the trick). I don't get menstrual headaches. I don't feel particularly exhausted, though it is true that I probably do get a little more tired than usual. So for me, it's mostly the bloat, the messiness of it all, the moodiness, and the random food cravings. It's not like the biggest deal in the world for me. It's more annoying than anything else.

Stereotypes often develop for a reason, though whether that reason is a logical factual one, or a biased one based on subjective perception depends on the specific stereotype.

I happen to know men on both extremes, those who are allergic to doctors and those who call hatzolah for a leg cramp.

pointyshoes

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 9:01 pm
Re the stereotypes here's an actual story: my dad asked the Dr if he could have an epidural when my mom was giving birth.
She didn't even have one!!!

gold21

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 9:09 pm
2cents wrote:
Ami magazine actually had a "fact or myth" last week about whether or not men actually feel physically worse than women when sick.

Surprise, they don't. They just act like it's worse. Hence, man flu.

So how come the men I know dont act like its worse? Its just so strange to me that I have not seen the phenomenon you refer to. Alright, whatever it is, its all good. Not gonna debate such a random topic Tongue Out

gold21

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 9:14 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Stereotypes often develop for a reason, though whether that reason is a logical factual one, or a biased one based on subjective perception depends on the specific stereotype.

I happen to know men on both extremes, those who are allergic to doctors and those who call hatzolah for a leg cramp.

Ok, yes, I definitely know men that are allergic to doctors LOL

My husband is not, hes just normal with doctors, the same way I am. But yea I totally know guys who avoid doctors like crazy!

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 9:59 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Have you ever seen a guy in the throes of "Man Flu"? Apparently it's not the same type of flu that women get, where even if we manage to stay home from work, we're still supposed to be able to cook, clean, and take care of the kids.

The Man Flu is some kind of mutant combination of the Epstein-Barr West Nile Ebola Virus. The world stops it's usual orbit, and revolves around his moaning and need for chicken soup.

The first time a man gets morning sickness, he will automatically think that it's a new, and possibly fatal form of the Man Flu. You'd think he was the first man in the history of forever to throw up in the morning.

I doubt they'd be able to hold out the full 9 months, and would be flinging themselves off of cliffs like a bunch of lemmings.

That's societal gender stuff...
Not all societies function that way, although no societies have pregnant men, but if it was a part of a man's biological makeup then I assure you it would just be a part of normal life.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links