Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
IKEA furniture

icebreaker

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 6:31 pm
Anyone have any IKEA furniture? Does it hold well? Or if you don't, do you know of any places that have similar, modern furniture, not so expensive. We have an ugly brown leather sectional that I just want to get rid of now.

Optione

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 6:49 pm
I find that their stuff is a mixed bag. We have bookshelves that are in perfect condition (gemaras, sefarim...) and dresser drawers that don't stay closed... Bother pieces are 5 years old.

icebreaker

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 9:20 pm
Optione wrote:
I find that their stuff is a mixed bag. We have bookshelves that are in perfect condition (gemaras, sefarim...) and dresser drawers that don't stay closed... Bother pieces are 5 years old.

I've been seeing this as I research. It seems like IKEA is either a hit or miss lol.

cm

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 9:43 pm
No experience with their upholstered furniture, but my Billy bookcases are 20+ years old and are like new.

LittleRed

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 9:50 pm
It depends what. Things like bookcases, tables and their real wood furniture are consistently good. I think couches and things that need to be comfortable and supportive and hold up well under stress are less reliable.

mamaof2

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 10:56 pm
My whole apt is ikea besides couches my bed and dining table.. kids bunks their stuva units my TV unit dressers all ikea

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 11:19 pm
Bought a ton over the years- I grew up with it, had as a single adult and now married with kids. Different things each time/place. Billy bookcases are good but if you overload the shelves you might want to reinforce it.
Overall I am happy with their stuff. I don't like the carpet I got once but I bought a blanket (down like) and love it!
Some stuff is still working at my parents house over a decade plus later!
Don't get the "wood" wet- it warps and ruins it.
Don't hope to move it as it doesn't hold up well...
What do you hope to get out of it? Forever furniture? It isn't.

justmarried:)

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 11:50 pm
I wouldn't buy a couch there but have lots of other furniture from there
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars