Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Family Diary in Family First

naomiw529

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 1:46 pm
The new one, about the husband who had to suddenly leave kollel and go to work - does anyone know what chapter 1 was about? My mil who I read it by is missing it.

joy613

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 3:24 pm
I think that was when they decided they have to move out of the city they lived in because there was machlokes going on (not really sure), and because of that move he will have to leave kollel.

As a side not, I wasn't really clear of the connection between leaving town and leaving kollel and why she blames herself later on in the story, since it didn't say anything about her needing more money and nothing about him wanting to stop learning. More like there was no kollel in the new place or something like that.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 3:35 pm
There was some sort of major hashakfic difference and they were told they should not affiliate with the community any more. What ever it was, it was so bad that they were told that its better to leave the system completely then keep living there. Since there there no other Kolleim with openings at the time the husband took a job in a store.

I think its just her feelings about the change in their life. Feelings are not usually rational that is what is nice about it. If you read this site long enough you see a lot of women struggle with the same issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room