Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Re-using very girly baby equipment for a boy?
1  2  Next

Would you re-use very girly baby equipment for a boy?
Yes  
 68%  [ 73 ]
No  
 12%  [ 13 ]
Only the very expensive things  
 6%  [ 7 ]
Only very inconsequential things  
 13%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 107

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 10:57 am
Would you use your girly girl baby equipment for a boy? Would you use some things but not others?

Explain and discuss please

glamourmom

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 11:14 am
what do you mean by equipment? personally I wouldn't.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 11:17 am
What's equipment? Like a pink stroller? No.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 11:19 am
Not clothes but stuff like swings and bouncer seats why not? I think people don't have a problem putting a girl in a blue stroller or swing, but more uncomfortable with the reverse though.

Stars

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 11:20 am
I would. Not clothing but everything else yes.

sky

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 11:28 am
Toys in the house - yes
very Pink stroller - no

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 11:31 am
This is why all my baby gear is gender neutral. Joke's on me though, I have all boys, so I could have gone all manly man. Still holding out hope for a girl though :-) In any event, I would use some stuff but not others. Stuff for around the house, sure. The baby won't know the difference, and anyone who knows me well enough to come over knows I have several kids and would understand I'm being economical. Stroller I wouldn't though, you're opening yourself up to comments. Also, as someone who does upsheren, my boys already look like girls by the time they're a bit over 1, so using a girly stroller would make it worse.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 11:32 am
For clarification - stroller, carseat, crib/bassinet, swing - would be the big items.
Play mats, mobiles, maybe blankets would be the small items.

(similar sort of things, not limited to just those items)

lucky14

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 11:36 am
not clothing. We had a pink swing- no complaints from my son Smile

cnc

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 11:57 am
Not a stroller, but yes for a pac n play, glider, exosaucer and things that are kept in the house.
No clothing though.

little_mage

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 12:00 pm
Yes. I'm pregnant and the baby will be wearing pink regardless of gender, because I'm due at the same time as my daughter, so I have the clothes. I'm not buying all new stuff. Yes, I will probably get lots of comments about my "daughters" but people not inconsistently think my 5 ds is a girl still, so I've just gotten used to it.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 12:51 pm
This is why my mother didnt let me get girly stuff besides clothes. The one exception was I did get my daughter a pink ff carseat cause it went into a booster and would expire by the time she out grew it.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 12:54 pm
sky wrote:
Toys in the house - yes
very Pink stroller - no

Was thinking the same thing.

glamourmom

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 1:00 pm
if you're asking because you want to buy something why not buy neutral stuff so that you don't have this debate.

when you said very girly pink with sparkles or hearts comes to mind. if it's red or orange I'd use it for a boy. hot pink or sparkly hearts I wouldn't.

and I agree, somehow it's easier to use blue and purple on a girl than pink for a boy.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 1:01 pm
little_mage wrote:
Yes. I'm pregnant and the baby will be wearing pink regardless of gender, because I'm due at the same time as my daughter, so I have the clothes. I'm not buying all new stuff. Yes, I will probably get lots of comments about my "daughters" but people not inconsistently think my 5 ds is a girl still, so I've just gotten used to it.

I'm not sure if your not buying new stuff bc of money issue. Maybe there is a local clothes gemach. Or maybe a gr8 has. Rest up and feel good.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 1:13 pm
glamourmom wrote:
if you're asking because you want to buy something why not buy neutral stuff so that you don't have this debate. .

Cuz I already have girly stuff in the house and am expecting a boy Smile

lfab

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 1:15 pm
amother wrote:
This is why all my baby gear is gender neutral. Joke's on me though, I have all boys, so I could have gone all manly man. Still holding out hope for a girl though :-) In any event, I would use some stuff but not others. Stuff for around the house, sure. The baby won't know the difference, and anyone who knows me well enough to come over knows I have several kids and would understand I'm being economical. Stroller I wouldn't though, you're opening yourself up to comments. Also, as someone who does upsheren, my boys already look like girls by the time they're a bit over 1, so using a girly stroller would make it worse.

Haha, I'm in the same boat except I have all girls! With my first I was so careful to buy everything gender neutral so I could use it for either gender. Now I wish I had gotten some really girly things. Oh well.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 2:27 pm
I had a blue snowsuit with ruffles ... on my girl they saw blue thought she was a boy - on my boy they saw ruffles and thought he was a girl

you cannot win ... do what you want

personally I used a lot of sonny boy's clothing on my little girly - she turned out just fine like any tomboy would

ticklemepink

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 2:30 pm
I'm expecting my first girl. Super expensive things like our stroller, pack and play, swing, expensive bouncer and car seat I chose black/beige/neutral colors but I want some girly things too so I may choose a girly activity gym, bath tub, anything under $30 that's not a big deal.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 2:33 pm
I wouldn't buy girly things because that is not my taste to begin with even for girls, but if that was all that I had then sure I'd use it if I could not afford to buy new items.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics