Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Re-using very girly baby equipment for a boy?
Previous  1  2

Would you re-use very girly baby equipment for a boy?
Yes  
 68%  [ 73 ]
No  
 12%  [ 13 ]
Only the very expensive things  
 6%  [ 7 ]
Only very inconsequential things  
 13%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 107

PassionFruit

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 3:04 pm
Depends what. linen, sure. blue bouncer, bottle, passi, sure. Hot pink stroller--not unless I could cover it.

sky

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 3:15 pm
Is it event safe to reuse pacis? I figure by the time I have a child at the same size paci the chewy part is unsafe to use. Don't know.

But DS loved a pink paci DH bought him when he was born. Would never leave the house wihtout it LOL

mille

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 3:18 pm
I personally think the stroller is more a reflection of my personality than the baby's. My daughter is currently in a blue stroller (the horror!). A bright pink stroller is not my taste, but yeah, if it were, I'd use it with all the kids. Some girly stuff will definitely get reused, like the pink swaddlemes, random "girly" toys, etc. Honestly now, unless I dress my daughter in all barbie pink, I mostly get comments about my 'adorable boy'...Even if she's in girly clothes! Even with a bow in her hair! If it's not pink, apparently it's a boy. Tongue Out But who cares what strangers think?

And let's be honest, the baby doesn't care!

sky

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 3:26 pm
mille wrote:
Honestly now, unless I dress my daughter in all barbie pink, I mostly get comments about my 'adorable boy'...Even if she's in girly clothes! Even with a bow in her hair! If it's not pink, apparently it's a boy. Tongue Out But who e!

Same here. If she is wearing a green flowered stretchy she becomes a boy. maybe its the lack of hair.

momofone613

Post Sat, Jul 09 2016, 10:20 pm
For stuff in the house, like baby swing or bouncer, sure... but outside stuff no.

Bat as a rule I get neutral stuff so that it wouldn't matter...

Also, clothes, I would stick to blues and greens for boys and pinks and purples for girls.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Jul 09 2016, 10:48 pm
I took my son around in a pink stroller a handful of times. Before his upsherin and after. He loved it and I totally did not care what others thought. It was the only umbrella stroller we have.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 12:44 am
mille wrote:
I personally think the stroller is more a reflection of my personality than the baby's.

Lol. I got a pink diaper bag when my daughter was born and my husband was just concerned about what if we have a boy next? Do we need a new diaper bag? Hm, who is wearing the bag, me or the baby?

In general, though, I do like gender neutral, colorful items. DD's stroller is colorful but I've gotten comments about it that it's smart I'm using it for a girl, because it so wouldn't work for a boy. Just one of the many parenting opinions I'll encounter and respond with 'smile and nod'.

saw50st8

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 6:07 am
My sister gave me her purple stroller and my son loves it. I don't think it's a huge deal at all.

Stars

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 8:20 am
My son has a handful of items in pink just because the pink option was prettier than the blue or green option . I like it so who cares

mille

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 1:07 pm
sky wrote:
Same here. If she is wearing a green flowered stretchy she becomes a boy. maybe its the lack of hair.

It's not the hair, because my gal has loads of hair and I still get comments! She also has long eyelashes. I think sometimes people just default to "boy unless proven otherwise" Wink

Volunteer

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 1:25 pm
I don't think the baby cares one way or the other.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 8:05 pm
I have usually been careful trying to get pretty neutral items but when I felt I needed an activity mat for my 7th (a girl) because I was a WAHM, and the price was right on a used pink one, I went with it. No clue if I will ever use it again, or if it would be for a boy, but there shouldn't be a reason not to, even if it feels a tad funny. But since I'm no longer WAH and I managed 6 kids without it, I might very possibly not re-use it even if I am zoche to have more children.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics