Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Photographers for dd shidduch picture in Brooklyn
1  2  Next

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 10:07 pm
Excellent photographer for shidduch resume for dd? someone that you have personally used near Brooklyn

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 8:59 am
Taking deep breath here:
I've never had a picture ON the resume. I have supplied a picture, reluctantly, if asked. I have been assured it's just to get an idea and for the shadchan's use. Said picture was taken from a phone, or from a simcha.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 10:02 am
Ell Tee Photo does wonderful headshots. I haven't used him personally but I really admire his work.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 10:42 am
Eew. Please don't do this.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 10:02 pm
shadchan have mentioned she needs a better picture and we cant find a good one

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 10:22 pm
Have a friend take it. Hashem didn't stipulate that your daughter would get married only if she sent in professional headshots!

nosher

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 10:23 pm
Barry's Studio

oliveoil

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 10:38 pm
IME, most people don't want to see a posed, professional shot. They want a glimpse - a natural picture of the girl doing something, or interacting with others.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 11:38 pm
oliveoil wrote:
IME, most people don't want to see a posed, professional shot. They want a glimpse - a natural picture of the girl doing something, or interacting with others.

unfortunately, this is not the case IME.
The boys/mothers don't really care about seeing the girl doing something or interacting with others. They want a pretty girl, so yes the more professional the picture the better chance you have. If the mother has a pile of 5 resumes with pictures and all the girls sound the same, she'll say "ok I guess we'll choose the prettiest girl to say yes to".

And btw this is actually a thing- getting pictures taken for the resume. and specifically people specializing in taking pics by phone bec thats how resume pictures are passed along these days.

what a world we live in.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 7:25 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Eew. Please don't do this.

I've seen girls resumes and many maybe most have professional pictures.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:
Excellent photographer for shidduch resume for dd? someone that you have personally used near Brooklyn

how much r u looking to spend?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 8:33 pm
If you want a wonderful photographer from a frum background in Brooklyn (now lives in CT), Google Steven Bamberg. You'll see some work (has been exhibited in museums,etc, did a series of photos on a Bobover community). He sometimes does shoots like this in your home. I can guarantee dd will look as beautiful as she is precious to you.

Queen18

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 8:44 am
Barry studios

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 9:27 am
The more girls capitulating to this, the more our girls are being cheapened by stupid prospective mothers-in-law. Yes, and I rarely use that word.

No way would I do this to my girls. I'm particular that they marry boys with sensible parents, not those that have a beauty-contest-by-picture lineup.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 9:35 am
Chayalle wrote:
The more girls capitulating to this, the more our girls are being cheapened by stupid prospective mothers-in-law. Yes, and I rarely use that word.

No way would I do this to my girls. I'm particular that they marry boys with sensible parents, not those that have a beauty-contest-by-picture lineup.

Yes! Yes! Yes! and YES!

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 9:49 am
Chayalle wrote:

I can't stop being stunned every time I see this thread pop up that people actually DO this!
YOu will be paying so much money for the vort, wedding, 7bs, and then you complain how expensive it all is why spend a minimum $200+ now on such a stupid, unnecessary thing?!

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 10:07 am
amother wrote:
shadchan have mentioned she needs a better picture and we cant find a good one

Find a better Shadchan.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 10:33 am
I really hope that the girls side gets a real professional picture of the boy too. So the mother can pick the most good looking boy for her daughter.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 10:36 am
amother wrote:
I really hope that the girls side gets a real professional picture of the boy too. So the mother can pick the most good looking boy for her daughter.

I think we should get pictures of the mothers too. I mean, if they are not good looking at their age, I might worry about my future grandchildren, no?

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 10:44 am
Chayalle wrote:

This! I feel qualified to respond having married off a few boys. My daughters in law were not for sale. They are beautiful people. Only one sent in a casual shot.
It's belittling , degrading ...
Don't do this
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics