Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Yeast infection ? 7 year old DD

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 5:36 pm
My 7 year old keeps complaining that she is itchy on her VJ. She is scratching it through her clothes. Do I take her to the regular ped to have it looked at? Curious if thy will prescribe some bring oral or a suppository. Anyone's daughters had this at such a young age?

tryinghard

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 5:40 pm
amother wrote:
My 7 year old keeps complaining that she is itchy on her VJ. She is scratching it through her clothes. Do I take her to the regular ped to have it looked at? Curious if thy will prescribe some bring oral or a suppository. Anyone's daughters had this at such a young age?

When I was a kid I remember having a yeast infection, and my pediatrician took care of it. As I recall, he gave me a cream to use.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 6:28 pm
Absolutely. DD had several as a young child. She liked leggings and tights, didn't wipe carefully at school, etc. the pediatrician prescribed a cream to be rubbed in her vj. Make sure she does front to back. Watch her to make sure she gets the whole area. And no, there was no question of abuse at all in case that's at the back of your mind!

hi its me

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 7:46 pm
My dd 3 also keeps complaining and itching in private part area. Took her to ped and he claims can only be yeast if there's discharge which there isn't. Thinking if it might be an irritation to the chlorine from the pool

justforfun87

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 8:49 pm
My newborn has a yeast infection. Yeast breads in warm moist areas. The doctor will prescribe nystatin which is an anti fungal cream/ointment. It's really uncomfortable, please have her seen.

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 11 2016, 9:23 pm
May not be relevant to op but very seasonal right now- please be aware that leaving wet bathing suits on can cause infections

lavender_dew

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 5:16 pm
My toddler was diagnosed with a yeast infection without having any discharge. Just redness and itching. She was given a Rx cream and that was that. Definitely take her to get checked out as it will only get worse in the summer with sweating, swimming, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics