Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Lakewood parks question

sourstix

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 4:43 am
whats the best park that has some water and ducks and some swings, basketball? where I could sit under shade? and a picnic area. I know there is one that my kids could feed the ducks but I dont know where it is. and some climbing monkey bars.

can someone help me. my kids need to air out.

momX4

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 5:20 am
Shark river park is a nice place. There is a lake, place to play, nice play ground with rock climbing wall, and picnic tables in the shade. You can even BBQ there. Its our favorite park.

1101 Schoolhouse Rd, Wall Township, NJ 07753

sourstix

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 5:53 am
Thanks so much. So can someone educate me about Lakewood parks? Not looking to go too far. As I don't drive. Anyone know of the parks that has a little pond with ducks and a playground with swings

sourstix

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 6:06 am
anyone know anything about the westgate park? is it interesting? nice place?

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 6:36 am
I wouldn't recommend Westgate, there are a few playgrounds there, but it's not a pleasant relaxing type of atmosphere.

You can go to North Lake or South Lake, there are playgrounds on both. The one on North Lake is bigger and there's a beach on that side, there's also a nice little bridge to walk on. Both have "ducks" they're really Canadian geese and very unpleasant.

Ocean County Park on Rt 88 has different areas with playgrounds and lakes/ponds. Its' very pretty and because there are different areas you can usually find a playground with nobody else there. It also shouldn't be too far from you.

sky

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 6:53 am
I second the lake ideas.
North Lake and South Lake both have shade and playgrounds are right on the lake with ducks around.
On the north side there is a small gazebo right on the lake. Its right near the boats.

If you bring bikes the path on the south side is nicer. (Its gravel so doesn't work that great with training wheels).

To get to South Lake park:
Turn onto Central Ave (the bridge on the lake) from route 9. Left if coming from Route 70 direction and right if coming from yeshiva direction.
Take the first right on to South lake drive. Drive along the lake until you reach the playground. There is a parking lot right there.

Last edited by sky on Tue, Jul 12 2016, 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

sky

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 6:55 am
Local Parks:

Jackson Jungle (Jackson)
Castle Park (Toms River)
Rockefeller Park (Ocean park)
Allaire State Park - $5 per car - no playground anymore
Pine Park (Lakewood)
Lakewood Lake - south lake and north lake parks
Riverwood Park (Toms River)
Beach
Homdel Park - has small free farm and great playing area, like the top playground the best
Thomspon Park

rikki 1

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 9:38 am
Windward Beach has an AWESOME playground!! it's 5 minutes out of Lakewood, down the 88 and there are different sections for different ages. Don't think it's shady though, but there is a gazebo with picnic tables. It's not right next to beach so not as much pritzus, it's on top of a hill and the beach is further down.
they also have bathrooms there.

sky

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 10:22 am
Sunset park between James and Central has a park with basketball. But no lake or ducks.

sourstix

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 10:28 am
thanks so so much everyone. its so nice to get so many people willing to answer and with so much detail. thanks again really appreciate it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics