Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Inspriational novel - infertility

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 11:02 am
Looking for some books (novels or other inspirational reading) that would give chizuk to someone dealing with infertility or other difficulties related to having children I.e. miscarriage. If anyone knows of any please post.

mfb

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 12:12 pm
I think atime has a package for pregnancy loss. Maybe try contacting them.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 12:37 pm
I read a book about a woman in Israel who was going through infertility. She had non stop treatments. At the end of the book I think she was nearing 50 but would not give up. She ended up having a baby in her 50's even though the dr.'s told her it was time to stop trying. I cannot remember the name of the book. Also I'm not sure if this is chizzuk to a younger person to think about waiting till 50 but the story is true and the emotions are real.

Here on this website there is an unbelievable thread started by a woman who I think had a mis and was going for fertility treatments. She was very down as she shared her losses and feelings anonymously. People here davened for her and gave her lots of chizzuk. After a while she does not come back to post - until .... one day she posts that she had a baby!!! This thread is 84 pages long and over 3 years. It will take a while to read. I always said that this should be made in to a book. I guess Yael and the OP would have to agree to that. Here is the link http://www.imamother.com/forum.....art=0

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 12:38 pm
OP here - thanks for responding. I have not experienced a pregnancy loss and I am very familiar with ATIME's services as I have advanced fertility issues. I am simply looking for chizuk in the form of reading material, I know there are some novels out there but I'm not sure of the titles.

I am already a member of ATIME's forum and read their magazine, I am looking specifically for books.

blossoming flower

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 12:51 pm
The book Full Circle is an excellent book. It's so uplifting and inspirational. I cry every time I read it.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 1:51 pm
found the book I was telling you about ... http://www.eichlers.com/books/......html

There is a thread about the book here as well - http://www.imamother.com/forum.....58815

Full Circle is also a great book!

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 3:12 pm
Can you post a link to the Full circle book? I can't find it.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 4:44 pm
Full Circle is probably out of print for a long time already. It's been probably 25 years since it was published. Good book, though.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 6:54 pm
I found it for you! https://www.amazon.com/Full-Ci.....66901

If you live in Lakewood you can borrow it from me.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 6:58 pm
My personal opinion of Deeper than Tears, I found it more depressing than inspirational.

penguin

Post Sat, Jul 30 2016, 11:51 pm
I ordered Deeper than Tears. Does anyone know if she wrote the sequel?

newanonmember

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 5:04 am
Not a novel but a book on the Torah perspective on infertility is the 3rd key, really gave me chizuk and positivity in a realistic way

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 10:23 am
Anyone read the series I ran in Binah, "Journey to Motherhood"? I think it may be exactly what you're looking for..... Smile I posted links here on Imamother, search for them.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 10:29 am
I HATED deeper than tears. I read it all in one sitting, while going through fertility treatments that paled in comparison to her's. It was extremely depressing, and at the end of the book I said to my husband, "I don't think Hashem wants her to keep trying. Maybe having emunah means being happy with other things and accepting that you won't have kids, not wasting your entire life on running after something that makes you feel constantly unfulfilled and empty."
Yes, she ended up having a baby after the book was written. That's great for her. I still did not find her story inspirational at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room