Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
VENT. Why don't parents take care of their children?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 4:54 pm
Last night some one came to visit his mother with 5 children. The 4 older ones were standing on seats including the front seat.(will under the age of 8). The baby was strapped into a carseat, but the infant carseat was forward facing and not strapped in. When I told the father how dangerous it is he answered "nu,nu,".
I really hope he get pulled over by a cop before his children chas vsholom get hurt.

And don't tell me its hard to buckle in children. I had 5 children under the age of 7 and they knew the car does not start until everyone is buckled in.

observer

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 5:21 pm
Don't get me started, I can get really worked up about this...

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 5:37 pm
Call Child services.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 5:41 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Call Child services.

That isn't the solution!!!

sourstix

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 5:53 pm
call child protective services! do you know their name? where they live? maybe its time for a wakeup call.

Maya

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 5:53 pm
flowerpower wrote:

So what is the solution?

pickle321

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 6:07 pm
Grr this gets me so mad. I can add so many stories...

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 6:10 pm
Please call.

My STBXH doesn't drive safely with the kids and I wish I had a neutral outsider proving it.

If I would take photos of his driving I would spark WW3.

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 6:12 pm
flowerpower wrote:

What should be done then? The kids aren't just taken away from the parents as some believe. It can be helpful to give the parents parenting classes, have social workers make sure there aren't other dangerous practices occurring and if other services are needed that they can help with.

The father was not open to learning and didn't seem open to change. He is not going to likely change by himself. The kids need to be safe...

If he had said "they were all bucked in, including the infant correctly but at a red light 1 block ago they all got out and helped each other out and turned the baby seat around... This was the first spot to pull the car over. They know they aren't seeing Bubbe again unless they sit for the whole ride..." And was upset and worried for the kids safety THEN it would be different.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 6:28 pm
No the father just shook it off. Even though I told him my brother witness a toddler go thru the windshield she n a car was stopped at a red light and rearended.. So then he said I hear you. His mother witness the whole exchange and did not say anything.

jeweled

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 6:42 pm
Are people really this uneducated?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 6:50 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
What should be done then? The kids aren't just taken away from the parents as some believe. It can be helpful to give the parents parenting classes, have social workers make sure there aren't other dangerous practices occurring and if other services are needed that they can help with.

The father was not open to learning and didn't seem open to change. He is not going to likely change by himself. The kids need to be safe...

If he had said "they were all bucked in, including the infant correctly but at a red light 1 block ago they all got out and helped each other out and turned the baby seat around... This was the first spot to pull the car over. They know they aren't seeing Bubbe again unless they sit for the whole ride..." And was upset and worried for the kids safety THEN it would be different.

You are very naive about CPS. They might not immediately take kids away, but it can lead there. Don't call CPS unless you really think this warrants the kids being put in foster care.

Signed - a family member of someone who had CPS be called on her falsely on her and it ruined her life. Google it, find millions of cases of CPS overreach and ruined lives, and get educated.

debsey

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 7:15 pm
amother wrote:
You are very naive about CPS. They might not immediately take kids away, but it can lead there. Don't call CPS unless you really think this warrants the kids being put in foster care.

Signed - a family member of someone who had CPS be called on her falsely on her and it ruined her life. Google it, find millions of cases of CPS overreach and ruined lives, and get educated.

CPS overreach vs. a child going through a windshield and being paralyzed for life or dead? Gee......I'll take Choice A.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 7:37 pm
Why do people immediately say to call CPS?
Do u know this father? If not, I think its none of your business to lecture him about safety. Just because his kids are not buckled doesn't mean you have to involve CPS.

debsey

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 7:38 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Why do people immediately say to call CPS?
Do u know this father? If not, I think its none of your business to lecture him about safety. Just because his kids are not buckled doesn't mean you have to involve CPS.

Ever hear of "lo sa'amod al dam reacha?" He's DRIVING with his kids unbuckled......it's EVERYONE's business.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 7:53 pm
OP. Just spoke to the mother and told her I was mortified last note. She said she was shocked and glad I told him off. She said her husband yelled at him when he came back later.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 8:00 pm
Good for you for opening your mouth.
My kids know they are buckled in the age/height appropriate child restraint.
Its scary what goes on out there.
No one under the age of 12 belongs in the front seat either and they still have to meet height requirement.
It puts alot of pressure on other kids and parents for no reason.
Dont ask me for a ride for your kid and say its fine if you dont have an extra booster or they can sit in the front seat!!!!!
I was actually tempted to create a flyer and send it hope with the school bulletin one week but I dont have the guts.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 8:52 pm
OP, pardon my saying so, but it seems that English is not your first language.

What country are you in? What are the laws there?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 9:31 pm
debsey wrote:
CPS overreach vs. a child going through a windshield and being paralyzed for life or dead? Gee......I'll take Choice A.

Then go ahead and call CPS, so long as you know that having them forcibly removed from their (otherwise loving) parents and put into foster care is a possibility. I was responding to the point specifically to the poster who said that calling CPS doesn't result in forcible removal, just that the parents get helpful tips and parenting advice. That belief is naive.

So, I say it again to those who ever want to call CPS: only call if the situation is so bad, forcible removal is better than the status quo. Don't ever call on someone unless you are prepared for that to happen. I get really upset when people flippantly say to call CPS.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 10:14 pm
I would call the police. Much more immediate and effective.

It also scares the kids good if they are part of the problem. If my kids pull off their seatbelts, I warn them that I will call the police and have them explain why they have to wear them.

CPS is IMO overkill for this type of issue, unless you are sure it falls into a pattern of neglect and/or abuse. Better just let the father and the kids understand how serious it is... and a $100+ ticket and getting yelled at by an authority figure is generally a pretty good motivator.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics