Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I want adopt a baby. Please help
1  2  Next

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 11:00 pm
I am in the us. I want to adopt a newborn very badly. I have no idea where to start. Please give me any info you can. Thank you.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 11:54 pm
amother wrote:
I am in the us. I want to adopt a newborn very badly. I have no idea where to start. Please give me any info you can. Thank you.

I'm of no help, but just wanted to say good luck and I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 12:05 am
Thank you.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 14 2016, 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 12:18 am
You should contact an adoption lawyer and get certified to adopt. Then you find out which states you can legally advertise in "seeking to adopt". Find out which states have highest teen white birth rates.

https://www.guttmacher.org/sit.....0.pdf

Quote:
Among states with data available, pregnancy rates for non-Hispanic white teenagers were highest in Southern states: West Virginia (64 pregnancies per 1,000 women aged 15–19), Arkansas (63), Kentucky (59), Oklahoma (59), Mississippi (56), Louisiana (51), South Carolina (51), Tennessee (51) and Alabama (49). The lowest rates were found in Minnesota (24), Wisconsin (26), New York (32), Vermont (32) and Colorado (33).

Regarding advertising for adoption:

http://www.myadoptionadvisor.c.....laws/

Quote:
Approximately 28 states currently allow prospective adoptive families to place adoption ads.

This web site lists which states you are allowed to advertise. Find the cities with the highest white teen birth rate and advertise in pennysavers and other local newspapers.

By the way, your lawyer will obtain the medical history of the mother. Marijuana use will not cause brain damage to the infant but crack will. I have a friend who adopted a baby whose mother used marijuana. She was told that once the drug leaves the system the baby is okay. But you do not want a crack baby.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 12:19 am
OP I am assuming you are white. If you are not please forgive me but I meant well.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 12:27 am
amother wrote:
OP I am assuming you are white. If you are not please forgive me but I meant well.

I am white. Thank you for all the info.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 8:08 am
Bump

cm

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 8:50 am
This is a good source of information:

http://www.resolve.org/family-.....tion/

Many years ago, I attended a very informative seminar on adoption hosted by a Resolve chapter in a city near me. Perhaps there will be a similar event listed in your area.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 10:11 am
Adoption laws vary from state to state. Most places require you to become licensed as a foster parent before you can adopt.

There are adoption agencies and adoption attorneys. Some attorneys assist in matching birthparents and adoptive parents.

I have some other advice but I'm not comfortable posting it in a forum that's open to the public. If you want to post in a private section I'll be happy to give more information.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 12:50 pm
amother wrote:
Adoption laws vary from state to state. Most places require you to become licensed as a foster parent before you can adopt.

There are adoption agencies and adoption attorneys. Some attorneys assist in matching birthparents and adoptive parents.

I have some other advice but I'm not comfortable posting it in a forum that's open to the public. If you want to post in a private section I'll be happy to give more information.

Which forum is private?

Shuly

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 5:30 pm
Contact ATIME. They have an adoption assistance program.

www.atime.org

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 6:47 pm
OP, you do not have to answer here, but you should think about this:

How old are you and DH?
Are you both in good health?
How much money do you make?
How much will you make if you stay home with the baby?
How much do you have in savings?
Would you consider a child of a different race?
Does it have to be a boy or a girl?
Would you consider a child with a disability?
If so, what disabilities do you think you could handle?
How long are you willing to wait?
Are you looking for a local adoption?
Can you afford to travel overseas?
Do you want an open adoption, or a closed one, and why?

Talk this over with DH, and feel free to PM me if you want to talk more. Both my brother and my daughter are adopted.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jul 15 2016, 3:04 am
Post in the Relationships forum under family. that's a members only section.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Jul 16 2016, 11:16 pm
You can have all of my children the way I feel right now :-(

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 1:52 am
amother wrote:

I 'll take you up on it!

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 1:59 am
Many states only require foster parent training if you adopt from their foster care systems. Some states have few regulations when it comes to private party adoption. It's important to learn how your state regulates different types of adoption so that you can understand the process.

I wish you luck, and hope you understand that finding a healthy caucasian infant is very difficult. FF asked some very good questions, no need to answer them online but they are very pertinent.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 2:07 am
amother wrote:
I 'll take you up on it!

Would you like to have a free trial. For 4 weeks? I'll pay you. Where do you live?

grace413

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:29 am
amother wrote:

I'm sorry that your children are causing you agamas nefesh now.

When I was going through infertility I found remarks like yours very painful. Please reconsider saying things like that to people who want children and are having difficulty having them.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 4:37 am
grace413 wrote:
I'm sorry that your children are causing you agamas nefesh now.

When I was going through infertility I found remarks like yours very painful. Please reconsider saying things like that to people who want children and are having difficulty having them.

Ok. No pain intended. Please accept my tefilos for Hashem to immediately answer all of your prayers.

However please remember op that you do not adopt a baby. You adopt a PERSON who begins as a baby. Then they get older. And sometimes it gets a lot harder. I was once where you are now. May you have many children and nachas from all of them always.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 7:40 am
amother wrote:
Would you like to have a free trial. For 4 weeks? I'll pay you. Where do you live?

This is not a joke. I want a child so badly that my neshoma aches.Please don't make light of other people's pain.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics