Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Father takes daughter into ladies public bathroom
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 8:37 am
I've taken my kids both male & female in gender to both male & female restrooms ... usually the male one was when it was empty with someone guarding the outer door ... and most females don't mind a boy so much in the women's if they're under 10

men's bathrooms are quite empty in many places such as the zoo and well sometimes there are emergencies when you tow the little ones

women aren't always comfortable with other women in the same bathrooms let alone a man - I should think it's a tricky situation to be in - I suppose I would have the girl go into a man's bathroom with their father but keep their eyes diverted from the urinals & head straight to the stalls - yes you can see everything

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 8:38 am
there is nothing wrong with the situation that you described.

ora_43

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 9:26 am
cnc wrote:
Aren't urinals completely open?
Women's toilets have doors and locks.

Right, but OP said that in that particular bathroom, the doors didn't have working locks, and there were gaps between the wall and floor/ceiling. Which apparently was what made her uncomfortable.

ora_43

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 9:32 am
I don't think women should need to justify being uncomfortable having men in a women's bathroom. Sure, it's possible to argue that they shouldn't have a problem with it (although most of the arguments boil down to "don't be such a baby, I'm not uncomfortable with that so you shouldn't be either"), but the entire point of separate-gender restrooms is to accommodate people who have that discomfort.

Obviously parents with small children of the opposite gender are in a tough situation, but anyone in that situation should at least try to show sensitivity. Just knocking and/or apologizing can go a long way.

cnc

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 9:38 am
ora_43 wrote:
Right, but OP said that in that particular bathroom, the doors didn't have working locks, and there were gaps between the wall and floor/ceiling. Which apparently was what made her uncomfortable.

Oh that's awkward. If there were no working locks I probably wouldn't use it even if there were other women there!

lucky14

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 7:09 pm
ora_43 wrote:
I don't think women should need to justify being uncomfortable having men in a women's bathroom. Sure, it's possible to argue that they shouldn't have a problem with it (although most of the arguments boil down to "don't be such a baby, I'm not uncomfortable with that so you shouldn't be either"), but the entire point of separate-gender restrooms is to accommodate people who have that discomfort.

Obviously parents with small children of the opposite gender are in a tough situation, but anyone in that situation should at least try to show sensitivity. Just knocking and/or apologizing can go a long way.

I completely agree with this.

gold21

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 7:17 pm
ora_43 wrote:

Agree

Ashrei

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 9:41 pm
I bet he just wasn't sure what to do and wound up in the lady's room. Then realized someone was there and decided to play cool like he was there on purpose. But there came a point when he couldn't hide from his mistake and called in his wife. I bet he was super embarrassed and his wife was like, "What were you THINKING?!?!?!"
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics