Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Do I take my son to TEREM now???
1  2  3  Next

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 2:12 pm
My son had weird pimple/ bite on his thigh.
Now it is red all around, a big large area.
It seems like he needs anti biotics but no dr open now.
Do I go to TEREM and wait for 3 hours?! Or just give anti biotics (from medicine gemach).
THen I don't' know which one to give and how much....
any ideas?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 2:14 pm
Personally I would never give antibiotics without knowing exactly what is going on and if there is a real need- how do you know which antibiotics to give??

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 2:16 pm
amother wrote:
My son had weird pimple/ bite on his thigh.
Now it is red all around, a big large area.
It seems like he needs anti biotics but no dr open now.
Do I go to TEREM and wait for 3 hours?! Or just give anti biotics (from medicine gemach).
THen I don't' know which one to give and how much....
any ideas?
why dont you try a anti hystemine first? Do you have fenistil cream or drops? Or even pills that you can crush?
Maybe it will go down. How long have the bites been there?
Dont give your son medication if you have no idea if he needs any and if you dont know what to give. That can be very dangerous.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 2:26 pm
It spread way too much. We've had this before...at this point a cream is not enough. The question is if can wait until tomorrow for anti biotics or I need to start right now or else can be cellulitis chas vshalom.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 2:26 pm
never heard of a medicine gamach unless it's run by medical professionals

that being said it sounds like a spider bite ... but google it so you can get an idea ... they do sell over-the-counter things like benadryl cream, hydrocortisone and the like ... that should prove to be effective enough

Jeanette

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 2:34 pm
These medicine gemachs should be illegal. Wow.

I've heard the excuse that they are only used in case of emergency if your prescription ran out and you have to show proof that the medication was actually prescribed and refills authorized. But apparently there are gemachs that are run with no oversight whatsoever.

grace413

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 2:48 pm
Go to Terem now. Cellulitis is not something to fool around with. Refuah Shlaimah.

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 2:59 pm
No one answered last time - medicine gemach is just a place where frum people can get free prescription meds? This should be completely illegal.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:16 pm
If you are near the Sorotzkin area in Yerushalayim you can go to Dr Stein - he has hours from 8 pm until late into the night usually around 2 am. He also has medicine to give if needed.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:30 pm
Smile1234 wrote:
If you are near the Sorotzkin area in Yerushalayim you can go to Dr Stein - he has hours from 8 pm until late into the night usually around 2 am. He also has medicine to give if needed.

Do I need apt? How much does he charge? Is there a long wait?
Meanwhile I gave fenistil and will check in a few min to see if went down.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:32 pm
amother wrote:
Do I need apt? How much does he charge? Is there a long wait?
Meanwhile I gave fenistil and will check in a few min to see if went down.

He takes kupat cholim, probably all but I know for sure clalit and meuchedet.
If you already saw a different GP/pediatrician for your son this quarter then he charges 100 nis. Yes there is a long wait, at this time of night you can't make an appointment. You just walk in and wait your turn. If the secretary (usually his wife) thinks its more important she'll push you ahead I think but I'm not sure.

He's at Menachem Maishiv 3, bottom floor- I think minus 3 in the elevator. Or go in from the parking lot behind the building and its ground level.

Refuah Shelaima!

baby12x

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:34 pm
Go to a night clinic. Meuhedet and clalit have.. for sure in ramat eshkol until midnight. They have dr and nurse. No appointment necessary

Bored

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:35 pm
Smile1234 wrote:
He takes kupat cholim, probably all but I know for sure clalit and meuchedet.
If you already saw a different GP/pediatrician for your son this quarter then he charges 100 nis. Yes there is a long wait, at this time of night you can't make an appointment. You just walk in and wait your turn. If the secretary (usually his wife) thinks its more important she'll push you ahead I think but I'm not sure.

He's at Menachem Maishiv 3, bottom floor- I think minus 3 in the elevator. Or go in from the parking lot behind the building and its ground level.

Refuah Shelaima!

it's his daughter, btw.

he wont swipe your cardif you already saw someone...

Bored

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:36 pm
actually, if you are on meuchedet, you would go to haturim now, until 12, not terem...

good luck and refuah shelaima!

momaleh

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:36 pm
I assume you've taken care of this, but for the future, just go down to your clinic and tell them the situation, there will be some doctor available to write the rx. Also, get a relationship with a dr. - I always call mine when I need an rx, and his secretary either gets it done, or if need be, he'll call me back and then write the rx. Also, if it's super urgent and during his houre, he'l fit me in somewhere.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:37 pm
Bored wrote:
it's his daughter, btw.

he wont swipe your cardif you already saw someone...

There are 2 - his wife and his daughter.

And yes he does swipe your card, but I think to make it worth it for him he charges 100 nis. BTDT recently. The pediatrician we had seen before him that quarter saw our visit on the meuchedet system.

Bored

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:39 pm
Smile1234 wrote:
There are 2 - his wife and his daughter.

And yes he does swipe your card, but I think to make it worth it for him he charges 100 nis. BTDT recently. The pediatrician we had seen before him that quarter saw our visit on the meuchedet system.

ok, bH I have not been there in a while. when I was last there, he didnt swipe your card if you had been to a dr that quarter. and I have only seen his daughter there Wink

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:39 pm
Thanks for all your replies.
My regular DR was out of office today. I knocked on his house door and his wife said he is away today. I gave fenistil and meanwhile didn't spread...waiting for DH to come home and will figure out what to do.
Is Haturim any better than Terem?
Thanks to all!

Bored

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:41 pm
Haturim is covered by meuchedet, Terem is only covered after hours. They have doctors there and I never waited crazy long, but I was usually there more for stitches and stuff like that. If Terem thinks its an emergency, they take you back faster, in Haturim you really wait your turn, but I am not sure I ever waited more than 1/2 hour...

Shuly

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 3:48 pm
The dr's in Haturim are better than in Terem.

There is also a Meuhedet night clinic in Ramat Eshkol until 11pm.

Here are all the Meuhedet emergency clinics, search for Yerushalayim:
https://www.meuhedet.co.il/meu.....gLink
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children