Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Kippa made of hair???
Previous  1  2

Learning

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 12:38 am
amother wrote:
If wearing an invisible kippa made out of hair is "missing the point" - which it definitely is, then isn't wearing a head covering (for a woman) made out hair also missing the point?? The sheitels today seem to be "missing the point" too! To an outsider no one looks married- even frum pple can't tell anymore!
I was at an event recently where everyone was in a wig except for one woman who was wearing a scarf, a nonjew there approached the woman wearing a scarf to ask her about it. When she was told that a Jewish woman covers her hair upon marriage the nonjew replied- then why are you the only religious Jewish woman covering her hair in this room! She had no idea that anyone else was covering their hair!!
That is definitely missing the point!!

I think covering hair for women is deoraisa and for men is a minhag.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 12:59 am
It is a deoriasa for a married woman to cover her hair- even more reason why it's supposed to look like she actually has a head covering on!

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 11:25 am
amother wrote:
It is a deoriasa for a married woman to cover her hair- even more reason why it's supposed to look like she actually has a head covering on!
a

that is your opinion.

A wig covers the hair and that is the halacha, you might think that is not the spirit of the law but the hair is still covered.

There are men who can't wear a yarmulka for professional or other reasons so they wear a toupee.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics