Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lost my job while pregnant - panicking...

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 5:22 am
I had a great part time job but was legally working as a freelancer, then one day they suddenly said they don't need me anymore. I am due in a few months, I have no way of earning money to fall back on, and I'm panicking! I won't even get maternity leave money because I'm not earning now! I am also part-time studying and have lots of fees to pay. I've been looking high and low for a job opportunity but I am visibly pregnant and we are travelling soon for bein hazmanim and I really thought this job would last a lot longer, got no warning at all!

I need to earn about 7000 shekels between now and Rosh Hashana to get us through and still get maternity leave payments. Anyone got any ideas? It has to be from home, I have experience in admin, computer tasks etc., office work... great at typing, transcribing, editing etc.

My husband is in kollel at the moment and isn't yet considering working.

EBY

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 5:59 am
Oy! I have been there too! Maybe try transcriptionforeveryone? I don't know them but have seen them advertise a lot. If you are a registered freelancer then why don't you babysit or do a kaytana and declare the income? Parents are desparate in the summer!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics