Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Multidirectional -- has the sheitel world gone mad?!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

newmammy

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 10:51 pm
The sheitel world has not gone mad. The sheitel world has modernized.
Hairstyles have changed from the way it was in 1988-1992 (which is style era you keep describing).
At the same time, modern technology and increased competition has changed the sheitel industry dramatically.
Skin tops are more natural. That is what most people want.
Skin tops mimic a real head of hair. They can be styled any way you like. There is no need to have a deep part. As far as I know, wefted tops must have bangs otherwise they look terribly wiggy.
Skin tops are significantly lighter than wefted tops and therefore much more comfortable.

If you want a style from a throwback era (which you probably will get a lot of compliments for because there are many people from that era that will appreciate it) they are available.
I think that maybe your personal sheitel macher might be telling you "they don't make them anymore" simply because she doesn't know where to find them. Old-fashioned, wefted wigs are not widely available because the vast majority of consumers prefer the more modern, versatile and natural look.

Bottom line: yes, wefted top wigs do exist. They can look beautiful.
But they are dated. Most people don't want them so they manufacturers don't make them as much anymore.

Good luck finding the wig you are looking for but I highly doubt you will start a movement to bring them back into high demand.

nylon

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 10:52 pm
I'm 40, and those sheitels the OP posted look stiff and wiggy. what you call "height" looks like it's artificially standing away from the head.

If you have real hair, it doesn't stand up like that. The new sheitels act like real hair and need to be styled like it. The older ones always look a little frozen in place because they can't be rearranged. They remind me of 1980s hair, when we teased it up and doused it in Aqua Net, only less extreme.

Honestly I don't think they're discontinuing these to make more money. I don't think they're selling enough of them to justify the cost of production of another line,,and all your complaining won't change that.

ML

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 10:53 pm
Well, "Pointy Shoes" & "CNC" said they both wear these styles & that's what they're currently selling (just don't need expensive skin tops for that -- actually skin tops are only a hindrance to these styles & makes them need more work to accomplish).

pointyshoes

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 12:07 am
ML wrote:
Well, "Pointy Shoes" & "CNC" said they both wear these styles & that's what they're currently selling (just don't need expensive skin tops for that -- actually skin tops are only a hindrance to these styles & makes them need more work to accomplish).

Just to make it clear: my wig is somewhat like the middle picture but so smooth and natural because of the great skintop- it's not discernible as a wig.
Op is describing helmet like creations that I'd never put on my head

5mom

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 2:51 am
I think many older women look better with some volume on top of the head. Flat hair can make the face look droopy, not a good thing when you are getting wrinkles. But in the same way that fashion designers make clothes for young bodies, sheitels are made for young faces.

ML

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 11:40 am
Where I work, it's very professional w/business suits & the non jews work hard to get their hair like this:

http://I.imgur.com/1xl8OCW.jpg

I guess I didn't realise we're in the AARP-card carrying category (you know old, decrepit Bubbies).

cnc

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 11:56 am
pointyshoes wrote:
Just to make it clear: my wig is somewhat like the middle picture but so smooth and natural because of the great skintop- it's not discernible as a wig.
Op is describing helmet like creations that I'd never put on my head

Same here. It looks like that right when it is set, but then it falls and looks more natural.

The style is the same though.

watergirl

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 12:01 pm
ML wrote:
Where I work, it's very professional w/business suits & the non jews work hard to get their hair like this:

http://I.imgur.com/1xl8OCW.jpg

I guess I didn't realise we're in the AARP-card carrying category (you know old, decrepit Bubbies).

Just fyi, there is a closed group on this site for women who are grandmothers, and just older, in general. Some topics need different audiences who understand the life stage that you are in. Maybe you would enjoy that group?
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels