Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wedding Halls Near Brooklyn and Queens

ImaLAEma

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 6:54 pm
I am beginning some very preliminary research into wedding halls. We will probably have about 400 people and not a large budget! I live out of town so this is a little difficult. We are trying to figure out what a realistic budget would be. We need inexpensive and can keep it basic, but don't want a really dumpy place. Can anyone give me suggestions for halls as well as some kind of estimate of what I should expect to pay?
I would love to keep it under 15,000 if that is at all realistic. I know in Lakewood, there may be better options for me, but my guests will be mostly from Queens and Brooklyn, and I'd rather not make it difficult for them to travel if at all possible.
Also, I know there are some takana hall/takana night options. What are they and what does that really mean?
Thanks!

fatso gal

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 7:37 pm
By a takanah chasunah the hall makes a deal with a specific musician and photographer that they will get the job but they must charge a specific price. Also there might be restrictions on the menu options. This helps keep the price of the wedding down.

As of halls Williamsburg will probably be the best location for people from both Brooklyn and Queens. I don't know what the halls charge but I got married in Eden palace and I know that is more than what you want to spend. Also ateres Abraham is known to be more expensive than Eden palace. There is a hall around the corner from Eden palace called the Concord that is cheaper. But as I said I don't know pricing.

Good luck.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 7:51 pm
I was once at Pardes Feige in Williamsburg and it is a nice takana hall.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 7:54 pm
Tiferes Rifkah in Boro Park sometimes has takana nights, but they're rare and are often booked by Chassidim. If you can get a takana night, I think it's $12,000 (if I recall correctly). It's a beautiful hall.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 7:56 pm
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 7:57 pm
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 7:58 pm
Be aware that the takanah nights are usually booked months in advance.
Chassidish people generally have long engagements.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 9:01 pm
Most Chassidishe people don't Make weddings at the end of the Jewish month, so you can get a takunah hall without waiting for a long time,if that isn't a problem with you.
Tiferes Mordcha in BP also does takanos upon request.

losingweight

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 9:04 pm
Pardes tzvi in Williamsburg is gorgeous and on a budget. And like a previous poster said, they are usually available end of Chodesh if you make chasuna then.

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
Most Chassidishe people don't Make weddings at the end of the Jewish month, so you can get a takunah hall without waiting for a long time,if that isn't a problem with you.
Tiferes Mordcha in BP also does takanos upon request.

This is true.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 9:56 pm
concord is probably the most affordable. Also v'yoel moshe but it's basically everything in one room.

ImaLAEma

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 2:26 pm
Thank you very much everyone for your information. It gives me somewhere to start and I appreciate it.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 4:05 pm
The Concord closed down.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 4:33 pm
Tiferes Rivkah

Also, there is a new smaller hall in the basement of Yeshiva of Brooklyn that's not expensive and very nice.

Fast Forward

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 5:55 pm
Actually, Tiferes Rivka is in the basement of Yeled V'yalda at 1257 38th Street and yes it is a very pretty place at a more reasonable price. They also do takanos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics