Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I have no luck in jobs or training :(

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 4:30 am
I am nearing 40. I have a useless BA. I have done many different training courses to try other jobs. the training either fizzles out or I realize that it is not for me.
im so dispondent.im so depressed about this. and I know my husband could use the help with the income. I feel like if this course/job doesnt work out im going to be able to do nothing but be an akeres habayis Sad
and I want to work, but nothing ever seems to work out for me.
I know if I tell my husband I know he will tell me to continue with my course. and I will keep on trying. but im terrified that im never going to have a job and that I cant do it

LisaS

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 4:55 am
What course are you studying now? Maybe we can help you network and look for jobs in your area in that field.

We're rooting for you! It sometimes takes a few tries to get it right and the main thing is that you haven't given up.

b from nj

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 9:26 am
Sounds to me like it may pay to go for some therapy (even though I realize that money is tight) to help with confidence issues that you seem to be having.

Hatzlacha!

relish

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 9:38 am
You have a BA in which field? Where are you located? If you were offered a job that you have to work very hard, and start at the bottom, but there is potential for nice money, would you take it?

ora_43

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 9:50 am
What do you mean by "fizzles out"? Do you mean you don't succeed in the training? Or the trainer stops teaching? Or you can't attend the courses due to circumstances? Or... ?

"Realize this is not for me" - after how long? Like, you train in a field and work in that field for a year and realize it's not for you? Or you can't successfully complete the training? Or you're doing OK in the training but decide you don't like the subject, and don't finish the training?

I'm asking because I think the advice is going to be very different if, say, you worked in two different fields for two years each and didn't like either of them vs. if you started training in five different fields but decided not to complete any of the courses vs. if you started three courses but had to stop each because you couldn't pay tuition.

agreer

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 11:16 am
I feel the same way... nothing but hugs to you

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 12:08 pm
49 and feel the same way.

I feel your pain.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 4:35 pm
You know, one of the best predictors of success is called grit. Trying again, failing, trying again, learning from mistakes, trying again and not giving up.

I personally was fired from around 7 jobs and then found one that I can do well and earn a very nice amount of money (and balance childcare and everything else bli ayin hara). At a certain point I contemplated taking ADHD meds but was advised to instead "just try again and seek frequent feedback from management." So I've been there. I finally got my first good performance review in my life at age 38.

I have also seen friends of mine who spoke incessantly of their dreams to open a playgroup, start a business etc. I thought that it would never happen for them, but sure enough one of my friends finally opened the dream playgroup and is doing very well. I think the key is not giving up and just continuing to try.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics