Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How many Amother questions are 100% true?
1  2  Next

Are all of the threads you write as amother 100% true besides for identifying details?
yes  
 90%  [ 127 ]
no  
 9%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 141

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 11:47 am
Spin Off of another thread..
So often it seems like amother is posting too soon or too dramatic to be real , for example posting that they are pregnant a week after deciding about birth control or posting that they got arrested an hour after posting they were driving with a suspended license or posting that CPS saved the day an hour after a thread was started, etc..

Sometimes it seems like the threads start out real and the person wants to make a dramatic end so they make up the end and sometimes the stories are too fake to be real but no body wants to call troll.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 11:50 am
I was just thinking that about the woman who posted she is pregnant a few days after asking the bc question. It makes no sense. I think it is made up. Yeah, guess "G-d wanted" her to make up a title for a thread on imamother....

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 11:52 am
I'd never lie. What's the point? If I post something is because I need advice.

pointyshoes

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 12:01 pm
I hate amother for that reason. Also because people feel they can bash and still be a well liked poster.
I love it for the support I've managed to get in the past for embarrassing topics.
Oh well, you can't win it all.

water_bear88

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 12:27 pm
I figure some people are practicing their creative writing skills. There was one particularly good satire last year, though she at least made it clear that's what she was up to within a few pages.

I haven't told a lie in an amother post, though, other than to hide identifying details.

Fast Forward

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 12:31 pm
Oops, I didn't read the question in the poll correctly. Somehow read it as do I think that all posts are true. Sorry, senior moment. At any rate, I was the one who said that not all of my posts were real. Too bad no way to undo the vote.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 12:31 pm
No I dont lie either, but that thread was incredibly strange for a lot of reasons.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 12:32 pm
amother wrote:
Spin Off of another thread..
So often it seems like amother is posting too soon or too dramatic to be real , for example posting that they are pregnant a week after deciding about birth control or posting that they got arrested an hour after posting they were driving with a suspended license or posting that CPS saved the day an hour after a thread was started, etc..

Sometimes it seems like the threads start out real and the person wants to make a dramatic end so they make up the end and sometimes the stories are too fake to be real but no body wants to call troll.

Thank you for pointing this out. I think she was pregnant this entire time. Not sure the point of the thread though

pointyshoes

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 12:59 pm
When people write as opposed to talking they sound more 'normal' and you're more likely to side with them. Often, only later in the thread do you start wondering about their mental state.
As in every community, this online community obviously has its fair share of nutjobs (I mean, just look around at some recent threads and you know all that you ever want to.)

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 1:17 pm
Next poll: are all of your answers to polls 100% true?

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 1:30 pm
I don't lie, but I change some identifying details, such as saying mother instead of mil or children instead of child or my/my husband's professions etc If the question I'm posting otherwise makes it obvious to family/friends that it is me.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 1:33 pm
Changing small details is expected.. In one post I might have a 2 year old girl and in another post a 3 year old boy. But the main gist of the story should be true or otherwise any answers that you get are skewed.

pmom

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 1:43 pm
amother wrote:
I was just thinking that about the woman who posted she is pregnant a few days after asking the bc question. It makes no sense. I think it is made up. Yeah, guess "G-d wanted" her to make up a title for a thread on imamother....

if you were talking of my post I promise it's true

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 1:43 pm
I have posted pretending to be my sister as amother to see what advice people would give her. I have posted and spoken in a dramatic way because I felt that way at that moment, but calmed down afterwards. I have never made up an outright lie

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 2:00 pm
pmom wrote:
if you were talking of my post I promise it's true

Didn't you post about being newly pregnant in May?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 2:01 pm
I do change the genders of my children for privacy reasons, etc if I am writing as amother about something sensitive. Irrelevant stuff like that so I can stay anonymous. I have a lot of relatives here so I use amother a lot so my screen name can stay private and I can avoid embarrassing situations. But I am always very careful to tell the truth in my posts otherwise

pmom

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 2:03 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Didn't you post about being newly pregnant in May?

no, sometime in june. I wrote that I was debating if I should stay on bc or not, I decided to stay on bc and became pregnant anyway.

pmom

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 2:05 pm
actually the original post was started in may and I got the news that I'm pregnant in June. I am pregnant due in February.

I was debating going of birth control for next cycle I was expecting my period then. I never got my period.

Last edited by pmom on Wed, Jul 20 2016, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 2:05 pm
pmom wrote:
no, sometime in june. I wrote that I was debating if I should stay on bc or not, I decided to stay on bc and became pregnant anyway.

I don't think yours were the posts that people are questioning. There was a very active thread last week about a woman whose husband didn't want another baby, but didn't want to ask for BC heter. Next thing you know, this woman is pregnant

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 4:19 pm
amother wrote:
I have posted pretending to be my sister as amother to see what advice people would give her. I have posted and spoken in a dramatic way because I felt that way at that moment, but calmed down afterwards. I have never made up an outright lie

I did this once also. If I'd posted that I was seeking advice "for a friend" or "for my cousin" people would assume I was asking for myself and too embarrassed to say it was me anyway. Very Happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics