Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Anyone have experience with Ateres Naava?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:09 am
Wondering if anyone has gone to our has girls that have gone to Ateres Naava? Your thoughts please?

cnc

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:30 am
I know a few girls that have gone there and had a wonderful experience.
What would you like to know?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 2:07 am
amother wrote:
Wondering if anyone has gone to our has girls that have gone to Ateres Naava? Your thoughts please?

I went there. Anything specific you want to know?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 2:17 am
It would be for after sem. Is there a dorm? My dd would need one. Supervision? Do the girls form a chevra? Decent building and security? My dd is very social, but also strong student. Were you able to use the degree you got there or get a masters? She has a kesher with R. Wallerstein, although I'm aware he is not there much.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 4:30 am
amother wrote:
It would be for after sem. Is there a dorm? My dd would need one. Supervision? Do the girls form a chevra? Decent building and security? My dd is very social, but also strong student. Were you able to use the degree you got there or get a masters? She has a kesher with R. Wallerstein, although I'm aware he is not there much.

I went there after seminary. When I was there they had a dorm, I think there still is one.
Nice building, pretty secure. Very warm environment. Can really get a kesher with the teachers. And rabbi Wallerstein isn't very involved.
I am working in a field different than my degree currently so I can't answer for that part.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:39 am
So good to hear it's a warm environment. Is there a range of types there hashkafah wise, or mainly a certain type of girl? My dd is more modern, but after sem, who knows?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:11 am
amother wrote:
So good to hear it's a warm environment. Is there a range of types there hashkafah wise, or mainly a certain type of girl? My dd is more modern, but after sem, who knows?

There is a very big range of girls hashkafa wise.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:31 pm
If it's half day, what happens in the afternoon/evenings? Thank you.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 2:24 pm
amother wrote:
If it's half day, what happens in the afternoon/evenings? Thank you.

They do the college work. A lot of girls also have jobs in the afternoons/evenings.

chayamiriam

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 4:12 pm
Any nice girl needs afternoon job working with frum disabled ladies high functioning please PM me lots of positions available all shifts!

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 12:52 am
Revisiting this thread....Ateres Naava alum...what does shabbes look like for a dorm girl there who is from way OOT and can't go home shabbes? Do these girls get invited regularly? DD and I are going to go to NY and look at it soon, IY"H. I was told by the secretary that most girls go home to Lakewood, Monsey, etc..

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 3:50 am
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know what the program is like currently? Looking for info re what the girls are like, hashkafas of the girls and the school, general warmth of the program, etc.

Basically, will happily take whatever info you can give me!

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics