Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Game for girls ages 5-8

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 8:10 pm
I am looking for a good game or toy for girls geared towards ages 5-8. I would like to spend between $25-$50.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:35 pm
Call a local toy store. Where are you located?

Tiredmom7

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:32 pm
Mancala, uno monopoly deal. Perpetual commotion is great but I think it's for children closer to eight...my girls also like set and blokus

farina

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:56 pm
Try banana split, pretty pretty princess is great it comes w lots of jewelry but may be out of" print" but there is a Jewish version u can get in any Judaic store called my kallah game. Also a new rina and Dina game we have forgot what it's called you have to find correct matching girl quickly

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:13 am
Thanks for the tip about the kallah game. Never heard of it but I loved pretty pretty princess and they don't make it anymore. I think there may be sine Disney Princess version but I'm not sure and it's probably not the same. I think the original was perfect for ages 3-6.

Gerbera

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 4:56 am
My kids love Spot It! We have several different versions. Another vote for Set. We all enjoy Sushi Go including three kids ages 7 and 8. Qwirkle.
We play a lot of games as a family which im sure helps but some of these games indicate ages 8 and up yet the younger ones play just fine.
As long as no reading is involved they are all ok.
Out favourite kids game is the tortoise and the hare. It's from a series of games based on fairy tales. It's a great game that my husband and I enjoy as well!

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 8:32 am
We have Hulubaloo which everyone really enjoys. It is muktza though if you were thinking shabbos

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 8:51 am
I've heard good things about dixit

sky

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 10:12 am
Swish

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:15 pm
Another vote for Banana Split. DD is 8 and she wins me all the time! We also like card games, and Skip-bo is our current favorite.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:32 pm
Pick a pig ;pick a dog , qwirkle, matching game

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:53 pm
Rat a tat cat is the favorite card game in my extended family among kids in that age range. Cheaper than op had in mind but if you want to get a few smaller things instead that's a good one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children