Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Yeshivish Communities
Previous  1  2

shaimac1

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 11:27 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. Thank you all for your suggestions, I will look into these options

Just saying depending on which OOT community you live in and want to move to a few a really great Yeshivish one to check out is South Bend, In! Check our community out at www.cdisouthbend.com!!

Good luck in your search!

We also have great jobs, low cost of living, and State Tuition Vouchers that can allow for FREE tuition!

Good luck and again check out www.cdisouthbend.com to learn more!

lkwdmom2

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:08 pm
Lakewood!

tryinghard

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:16 pm
If Chofetz Chaim is sufficiently yeshivish for you, Rochester NY may be an option. Check out http://www.torahrochester.com , search for Rochester here on Imamother, and feel free to PM me.

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 1:04 pm
As far as I know the day school in South Bend is Co-Ed. Please correct me if I am wrong. For many yeshivish people, myself included, that is a deal breaker.

shaimac1

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 1:37 pm
mha3484 wrote:
As far as I know the day school in South Bend is Co-Ed. Please correct me if I am wrong. For many yeshivish people, myself included, that is a deal breaker.

I live in South Bend, In we are a growing Torah community and we currently have one day school that is for about 100 Torah families. B"H our community is growing and the classes are maxed at about 20 children per class/ grade. For the reason that we are smaller and have not grown to be large enough yet, our school currently has mixed classes through 4th grade. In 5th grade and up they are all 100% separate. IY"H as our community grows and there is a need to split up more classes IY"H that will happen.

Thank you and if you have any questions feel free to contact the Principal
Rabbi Reuven Pelberg - South Bend Hebrew Day School
rabbipelberg@yahoo.com
574-255-3351

Have a great Shabbos

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 1:52 pm
That's fine and good for many but for those people who consider themselves Yeshivish, mixed classes until 5th grade is not something they might want so it should be made clear. I found that it was totally not mentioned in the recent mishpacha article about OOT Communities in which SB was featured and that is a criteria for a lot of people.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 1:55 pm
Kew Gardens, Queens is probably more Yeshivish than Kew Gardens Hills

tryinghard

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 4:06 pm
mha3484 wrote:
That's fine and good for many but for those people who consider themselves Yeshivish, mixed classes until 5th grade is not something they might want so it should be made clear. I found that it was totally not mentioned in the recent mishpacha article about OOT Communities in which SB was featured and that is a criteria for a lot of people.

It's not relevant for their article - nobody is making a decision to move somewhere based on an article. They may start their search there, but they continue to do research.

The article wasn't really about SB, or Rochester or any other community they highlighted anyway. It was about community recruiters and recruitment, and the fact that many people are choosing to move OOT.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 4:11 pm
amother wrote:
That is extremely yeshivish. Shtark Bais Hatalmud type. I have no idea what type of yeshivish OP is looking for, but Bensonhurst is for a specific 'shtark' kind of yeshivish, just want to put that out there.

Just based on experience, this community is not overtly welcoming to outside yeshivish types. It really is a very very specific type. If you're related to members of the community, you might have an easier time, but if you're an outsider, you might struggle for a while until you're accepted.

eta: Just read further- if you like Chafetz Chaim yeshivish, this would not be the community for you.

courage2218

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 4:16 pm
Flatbush also has a strong yeshivish presence. Not 100% yeshivish though. Some chassidim and others. If looking OOT, chicago has a huge yeshivish crowd. A very small noticable minority of chassidim and group pf modern. All types, and different school options.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating