Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Spiritual tricks to deal with co-worker who drains energy?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 5:11 pm
I work together in a lab with a woman who is my age and in many ways very similar to me (frum, couple of kids, lives out of town etc etc). It's just me and her in the lab and she's my superior. Not officially, but she's been there 8 years and knows everything about everything and I just started there 5 months ago and it's her (unofficial) job to teach me everything.
The situation is hard for me to describe exactly because I can't really pinpoint what's wrong. It comes down to the fact that now after a few months I'm quite positive I do not like her at all and I want to be around her as little as possible. I don't bond with her and I'm not having fun with her. It's a really tough situation to work in because it's quite lonely and draining and I'm stuck.
I have hopes that it will be better in the future. I've heard similar stories from others who used to work in the lab. I know now that it's her and not me.
The thing is that it's starting to affect how I act at home and my family is starting to suffer. Leaving the lab at this point is not an option. So my question is:
Does anyone know mental or spiritual tricks that I can use to draw up a wall so to speak, to make me less vulnerable for this draining negative energy that I'm getting in the lab?

trixx

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 5:41 pm
So sorry. Some people definitely just drain you even though they may not be "doing" anything to you. Just advice for before you come home... Give yourself some time, take a walk or a breather, make a stop first, anything to cool down and leave work behind before going back home to all the demands there. That should give you time to recharge yourself and also hopefully not rub off on your family.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 6:53 pm
Before you go into the lab, take a few moments to create in your mind a bubble that surrounds your whole body. Say to yourself, I will not allow any negative energy to get through this bubble. I will give out light and take in only what is good for me. If, during the day, something gets through the bubble, recognise it and throw it out. At the end of the day, wash your hands and whilst doing so, feel yourself wash away any negative energy you may have accumulated. You could also look into carrying a crystal that absorbs bad energy.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 3:23 am
I'll try, thanks.

By the way amother purple, why are you amother?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 6:19 am
Try CODA Books

esther09

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 6:30 am
I don't have advice for when you're at work but you mention it affects how you act at home. I think it's important to break that link NOW. It's much easier said than done, I personally have to work super hard on not bringing my work feelings home with me, too.

The more you're able to separate work and home (and not think about work while you're at home but rather enjoy what/who you have at home without thinking about work), the more spiritual energy you'll have to deal with work when, and only when, you're physically at work.

mitsvaandmitsva

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 7:45 am
Many times I take emotions from work to my house. Also I feel that I am so good at work but slow at home chores

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 7:49 am
Thing is, I'm not actually bringing home the emotions. It's more like I'm so drained of energy that I'm not capable of doing anything besides crawling in bed with the computer when I get home.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 7:50 am
amother wrote:
Try CODA Books

What's that? And why anonymous?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 9:47 am
Amother because most people don't know I'm into this stuff and I don't want to be made fun of :-s

watergirl

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 10:53 am
I'm just going to throw this out there, and I mean this nicely.

Is it possible that you are contributing to this issue more than you would like to admit? I am asking this because people have been replying nicely to you with advice, and you keep asking why they choose to post anon. Its annoying, yes, when people post things anon that you may feel could have been under their user name. But you really dont need to jump on people like that, and I think that maybe you may be getting into issues at work if you dont leave well enough alone there as well.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 1:20 pm
amother wrote:
I'll try, thanks.

By the way amother purple, why are you amother?

Why are you?

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 5:17 pm
watergirl wrote:
I'm just going to throw this out there, and I mean this nicely.

Is it possible that you are contributing to this issue more than you would like to admit? I am asking this because people have been replying nicely to you with advice, and you keep asking why they choose to post anon. Its annoying, yes, when people post things anon that you may feel could have been under their user name. But you really dont need to jump on people like that, and I think that maybe you may be getting into issues at work if you dont leave well enough alone there as well.

Nope. Next.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
Why are you?

Seriously??

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 5:20 pm
amother wrote:
Amother because most people don't know I'm into this stuff and I don't want to be made fun of :-s

Right. So what is it?

HelloG

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:02 pm
Try white Angelica oil. Works for me around people with negative energy. Read how to apply it
Imagine ur in a crystal ball. Everyone can see u. U can see everyone. Nothing can get to u though

Maya

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:08 pm
amother wrote:
Nope. Next.

How nice of you.
Totally reinforces watergirl's observation.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
Seriously??

Yups. Seriously. See how ridiculous it is to anonymously ask people who are trying to help you why they're anonymous?

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
Nope. Next.

LOL

you're the problem, can't you see that?

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:47 pm
Emmett techniques by Miriam Adahan
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics