Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Cant manage!!
1  2  Next

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 4:57 pm
Help! I have a 3 month old who is REALLY hard and I cant manage any more!! I have many other kids and responsibities and no one realizes that I feel like I am living in an alternate reality than the rest of the planet. I feel like running away (no, I am not going to). I know it will pass but will I make it till than???

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 5:06 pm
Can you get any help? Also lower your standards if necessary. No reason why supper cant be healthy cereals and fruit! Why is your infant so tough?

WaterWoman

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 5:09 pm
Are any of your kids old enough to pitch in with some of the cleaning or even cooking?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 5:14 pm
I can manage suppers etc its the baby that I cant..she screams when she up and constantly needs to be held..wakes up every two hours at night to eat and eats every two hours during the day. Screams in the car and is never calm! I am actually scared to leave her with a sitter as I am nervous that she will manage and not abuse her. I can't take her places because I feel like its bothering everyone there. ( I do at times but its stressful!) She even cries out n the stroller and I feel like everyone is looking and judging. And yes, I took her to the doc who said this too shall pass!!

Kumphort

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 5:18 pm
Have you tried modifying her/your diet. I had a screamer and be eliminating dairy from my diet nursing saw a huge improvement in her behavior

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 5:23 pm
So close the door snd let her scresm for a few minutes. You need your sanity too. An uptight mother aggravates thevsituation.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 5:27 pm
Yes....didnt think of that. Cut out grapes.keep a quick food diary and see how she reacts to different foods.

flmommy

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 5:44 pm
The baby is 3 months old I doubt it's eating. Maybe OP needs to examine her diet for gassy foods?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 5:47 pm
Of course I was referring to the mothers diet.

rowo

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 6:47 pm
A good comfortable baby carrier.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:13 pm
Maybe your baby has silent reflux? My baby was the same until I cut out all dairy and soy (read the product labels!), and started her on Zantac.
Good luck op!

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:23 pm
try putting her in a swing ~ the rocking back & forth will soothe baby

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:26 pm
Baby is on formula so its not food related..she hates the carrier and rarely will sit in the swing. Took her to doc and he is insists its not reflux..now what???

LittleRed

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:34 pm
Is there any way you can get a night nurse for little bit? There are some great nurses who are RNs and have tons of experience with newborns. Since your baby is on formula, you would be able to sleep while the nurse feeds and bathes the baby. She might also have some suggestions regarding soothing a particularly cranky baby.
Hatzlacha!

tf

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:39 pm
Change formula. If you use soy, change to milk, and if you use milk change to spy. For some hypersensitive babies, neither works well, so there's a formula specifically for those babies and insurance pays for it. Maybe it pays to check it out. What does the doctor suggest it may be? Ok, not silent reflux, but what yes? Are you calm? Babies sense a tense atmosphere. R the clothing comfortable, like 100% cotton? Is it colic? My babies were colicky and the only position that stopped them from crying was when I held them with their face away from me and my hand across the stomach.

yogabird

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:41 pm
amother wrote:
Baby is on formula so its not food related..she hates the carrier and rarely will sit in the swing. Took her to doc and he is insists its not reflux..now what???
babies can be sensitive to the dairy or soy in formula

et27

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 9:10 pm
My son's crying got so much better the day we switched him from regular enfamil to enfamil gentlease. I don't know what you are using but that really helped me!

Miri7

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 9:10 pm
amother wrote:

Have you tried different carriers? I had a screamer who liked on particular carrier - I had to try a few to find the right one. I borrowed from friends to test drive different models

cinnabuns

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 11:17 pm
This sounds like my baby and she has silent Reflux. Try another forumula. Keep the baby upright after feeds. Continue feeding her every two hours, but try smaller amounts, reflux babies can't handle a lot of food at once. If the baby is still miserable keep going back to the Dr until they help you figure out what's wrong..

Hugs to you. It's crazy and tough and crazy. And she's my only one so far and I'm going nuts, I can't imagine having to handle other babys on top of her. Good luck, try and sleep, make sure to get out alone, even for a quick walk around the block.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 4:45 am
These are the most common reasons for babies extensive screams:

* food related (-->try hypoallergenic formula)
*need of closeness (try baby carrier --> make sure it is a comfortable brand for both of you, I would suggest Ergo adapt)
*pains (many babies have blockages from the time in the womb especially in the neck area --> try to consult an osteopath with credentials to treat babies)

In the meantime it is important to take care of yourself as much as possible. A screaming baby is extremely stressful. In case you feel angry, just leave the baby in a safe place and go out to calm down. No need to feel ashamed that it is overwhelming. Even the most experienced and best mothers can get at their borders at times. And a screambaby is definitely a huge challenge!

Reconsider your options. For example to hire a good babysitter you trust. Let her have the baby for two hours while you rest. After sleeping you will have new energies you both desperately need and world will look different.

I feel with you and wish you lots of hatzlacha!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics