Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
A question above about Lakewood schools.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 10:19 pm
PLEASE NO BASHING. Someone told me that if you change to another school/yeshiva the new school will give you trouble if you have an open balance with the old one. Is this true across the board? I am planning to pay I just want to know if this is true.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 10:34 pm
I don't know about Lakewood specifically, but I do know that many schools do that. They check with the previous school to see that there's no outstanding balance.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 11:04 pm
I work in a high school in Brooklyn. When students transfer in, we request their transcripts from the previous school . If they have an open balance the schools will not send over the transcript.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 11:15 pm
I don't know specifically about Lakewood, but where I am, that's how it's done. Otherwise what keeps delinquent parents from just switching schools to avoid payment? Sad but true. Schools need to have some kind of leverage in this situation.

sped

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 2:38 am
amother wrote:
I don't know specifically about Lakewood, but where I am, that's how it's done. Otherwise what keeps delinquent parents from just switching schools to avoid payment? Sad but true. Schools need to have some kind of leverage in this situation.

From what I understand, this is the reason.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 6:51 am
Ok so I was looking to c if beshita it's like this in Lakewood. I'm referring to as a general rule. I am transferring ds and he's 7.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 8:24 am
I was a little disturbed by the comment that parents change their kids because of delinquency to avoid payment. No I don't know parents that change their kids because of that . That's absurd. I hope no one believes this.
At any rate. I'm still looking for some lakewooders to give some imput

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 9:13 am
I've never heard this to be a specific Lakewood Shita, though I can't say I'm an expert on the subject. But I know someone who switched from one school to another and told me they are still paying off the balance for the previous school. A girl, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics