Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How does your hair look under your haircovering?
1  2  Next

rimon613

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:08 pm
How does your hair look under your haircovering? Does it look as nice as it did before you got married or did it get ruined from the haircovering? What type of haircovering do you wear?

EnnuiGalore

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:15 pm
rimon613 wrote:
How does your hair look under your haircovering? Does it look as nice as it did before you got married or did it get ruined from the haircovering? What type of haircovering do you wear?

I stopped covering my hair and it looks however I happen to style it that day. Smile

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 10:47 pm
Extremely thin, wavy if I let it dry loose, but usually I pull it into a shortish ponytail and it's flattened down from being covered and pulled back. Frizzy baby hairs at my hairline.

I used to have reddish highlights from the sun, but now it's just solid brown.

I hated my hair as a single girl (it never looked particularly beautiful), and prefer how I look in a sheitel.

bigblueyes

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 2:05 am
So so so thick from all the pregnancy and nursing hormones. Shoulder length in a low pony under a wig, bun under a scarf.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 3:58 am
It looks horrible. I have wavy, thick hair that gets frizzy if I don't style it, but these days, I barely have time to put on eyeliner and lipgloss, let alone style my hair (which would take 30 min-an hour). In the future I want to get my hair permanently straightened so it'll look nice, or maybe some keratin treatments. And also some highlights. But it's not in the budget right now.
I did get a really cool lob haircut though, which I never would have done when I was single (I had very long hair, gorgeous when it was done).

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 6:22 am
Very thick long hair. Hasnt really changed, other than I used to get red high lights from the sun, now that it is covered when I am outside, the highlights are gone.
I cover with mitpachot.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 6:48 am
I have mostly straight, with a little bit of wave, brown hair. It looks pretty much the same except I found my hairline has receded slightly, probably due to my always tying it back under a snood or wig. I also had more highlights - blonde and red - as a girl.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 6:51 am
Chayalle wrote:
I have mostly straight, with a little bit of wave, brown hair. It looks pretty much the same except I found my hairline has receded slightly, probably due to my always tying it back under a snood or wig. I also had more highlights - blonde and red - as a girl.

I literally could have written the same exact thing. Down to the receding hairline and blond and red highlights.

observer

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 9:27 am
My hair looks fine, just darker now that it doesn't get sunlight. It's a little longer than shoulder length and I keep it in a ponytail under my sheitel or snood.

nywife

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 10:21 am
Covering my hair is and has always been extremely hard for me. What made it even harder was realizing a few months after my wedding that my hair had completely changed (turned darker/more brittle). In order to motivate myself to keep my hair covered I go routinely for nice haircuts, a nice dye job, use deep conditioning treatments etc. It keeps my hair looking as beautiful as before and makes it somewhat easier to cover.

octopus

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 1:47 pm
I'm not sure receding hair line is from covering. I thought it was an aging thing.

animeme

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 2:27 pm
It can definitely recede from sheitels if you use a front comb.

JustAFrumMom

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 2:51 pm
My hair is much darker. I usually cover with a tichel or scarf of some sort. I've always had thin, fine hair. So, it has absolutely no volume whatsoever because it is flattened under my covering 16 hours a day. Unlike what I've heard from others, I still have to wash my hair every other day. Otherwise, it looks oily. My hair is very healthy and I'm able to grow it longer than I used to because it's always up. I've heard that if you wear the ponytails too tight that your hair will break and take damage and become fuzzy. So, I wear the ouchless ponyties and I am careful to keep them loose. I also wear a volumizer with my tichels, so I actually look like I have nice full hair underneath. I kind of prefer that look to when I was single and had to deal with trying to volumize my fine hair.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 3:05 pm
Nice and thick, long
Hasnt changed since I got married
Cover with a shaitel during the day, but I use a wig grip instead of combs so it doesnt pull on my hair
When im home I shake it out before putting on a tichel

abaker

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 4:04 pm
I notice the hairline receded a little. Hair is very dark brown now instead of light reddish brown. Still pretty thick. I cover with a sheitel outside out of the house and a tichel inside. I have shaved my head/had it short like chin length/longer like shoulder length. For me the chin length is most annoying. Not long enough for a pony so it sticks out of tichel. I kind of want my hair to be pretty but really it's always covered so I don't style it.

PassionFruit

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 4:12 pm
My hair actually looks much better than when I was single. When I was single I ironed my hair all the time and kept it pretty short for tznious. Now It is very long and wavy and not frizzy at all because it dries in a snood--wish I wouldda known that trick!

BatZion

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 3:25 am
oh my goodness you've touched on a sore point- I have a receding hairline and I'm not yet 30. Definitely genetics come into play here too but covering it with a non-slip headband and mitpachot all the time has done this...and I'm pretty down about it tbh.

shacn

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 6:42 am
Does anyone here wear falls? I feel like I'm getting balding spots and a receding hair line from the front comb. But I can't wear a wig grip with a fall. Any suggestions?

And my hair is shorter than wen I got married. boob length. I still highlight my hair sometimes. I had to thin out my hair for it to fit under a sheitel. I do this every 2-3 months.

Hopefully when I get preg my scalp hair will be thicker!

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 6:53 am
After 30+ years of covering my hair is turning gray! Wink

Really the only change I noticed from covering was fewer copper highlights because of no sunshine. Still very thick, no receding hairline. I pull my hair back into a pony and almost always wear hats, and once in a while a snood.

isrmss91

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 6:49 pm
Oh, so I see am not alone suffering from a receding hairline!! LOL And I thought some men had that issue. Some frum women have it too!!
I just wish they had velvet bands when I first started covering my hair with a sheitel. Hopefully this will spare the latest sheitel wearers the embarrassment of hair loss due a front wig clip
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels