Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Is Whitewater Rafting, Safe? (Farmington River Tubing)

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 11:40 pm
I'm thinking of doing a day trip on the Farmington River Tubing.
They have rapids and no lifeguards on the 3 mile trip down the river.
Tons of people go and they all love it.
On the other hand, there are no lifeguards, no phones (bc you're discouraged to bring it along as it'll get wet) in case of emergency.

Just wondering what you would do?
It's cheap and fun. I want to do a water activity and I can afford this. But not sure if it's safe or not. Thanks!

http://www.farmingtonrivertubing.com/

Ahuvah2

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 11:44 pm
I can't tell you if it's safe or nit, because I don't know. Congratulations on being concerned. I wouldn't do it if I don't know that it's safe.

momX4

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 12:12 am
I once went elsewhere tubing down the Delaware with dh. We wore a life jacket and the water wasnt deep. There are times when there is less rapids. You can call and they can help you out with questions.

I took my kids rafting at a different location. It was the same deal. Everyone had to wear life-jackets, they were not allowed to remove it at all. I was a lifeguard many years ago, I felt confident being able to provide immediate urgent assistance if necessary. We were 2 adults, 1 teen, 2 children and 1 toddler. We had a blast.

As for safety, both places we went to told us that if there is any problems we can get out of the water and there is a road that runs parallel. They drive up and down this road, so within a few minutes someone should pass.

I always took a cell phone with me. I used to double zip lock bag it, but now you can get cell phone waterproof bags for a couple of dollars.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics