Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Which candidate will most Chassidishe Rebbes endorse?
1  2  3  Next

Which Presidential candidate will most Chassidishe Rebbes endorse?
Clinton  
 37%  [ 35 ]
Trump  
 62%  [ 59 ]
Total Votes : 94

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 10:32 am
Which Presidential candidate will most Chassidishe Rebbes endorse and why?

Im sure individual Kehillos have already put the word out.

If you have any knowledge of individual Chassidishe Rebbe's endorsements, please share.

I cant wait for the answers, and poll results.

Mods, I just realized this is public, perhaps it should be moved.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 10:38 am
Whichever candidate will promise them the most stuff.

chickpea_salad

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 10:52 am
amother wrote:
Whichever candidate will promise them the most stuff.

I think that is unfair.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 10:56 am
chickpea_salad wrote:
I think that is unfair.

I remember when Hillary was running for senate she visited New Square and was endorsed by the Rebbe and in return Bill pardoned two Skverer criminals.

I think Rebbes tend to prefer stability and Hillary is a safer, more predictable choice than Donald. Even if you don't agree with all Hillary's values, I don't think anyone can disagree that Donald is the more volatile choice.

Maya

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 10:57 am
chickpea_salad wrote:
I think that is unfair.

Unfortunately, it's the truth.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 12:16 pm
No doubt Clinton is doing her work in the square courts.... they already owe her/her husband for freeing some members. Not sure Trump knows the ropes yet.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 12:18 pm
I heard from my Stoliner friend that the Stoliner Rebbe said his chassidim should vote for Trump.

I have not verified this with anyone else, however.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 12:38 pm
Those who predict that Chassidishe Rebbes will endorse Trump, specifically which Chassidishe Rebbes are you thinking of?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 1:22 pm
amother wrote:
Which Presidential candidate will most Chassidishe Rebbes endorse and why?

Im sure individual Kehillos have already put the word out.

If you have any knowledge of individual Chassidishe Rebbe's endorsements, please share.

I cant wait for the answers, and poll results.

Mods, I just realized this is public, perhaps it should be moved.

You realize this is controversial. I support your right to be amother but NOT if you're rabble-rousing. Can you explain why you can't wait?
Maybe this should be moved to the Chassidishe velt forum.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 1:29 pm
Trump cuz they wont want to hear a ladies name all over. and they would want to avoid her picture plastered everywhere.

for the faint hearted, I am kidding. LOL

yogabird

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 1:36 pm
amother wrote:
I heard from my Stoliner friend that the Stoliner Rebbe said his chassidim should vote for Trump.

I have not verified this with anyone else, however.

Please tell me this isn't true.

Miri7

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 1:46 pm
How could Jewish leaders endorse Trump when he's encouraged such blatant anti-Semitism and racism? When the world (esp the middle east) is so unstable and he clearly (a) knows little to nothing about international affairs (Brexit being a good recent example) (b) has demonstrated highly unpredictable behavior (c) has not demonstrated statesmanlike behavior (for example encouraging Russian cyberespionage when goading the Russians to find the missing Clinton emails)?

Jewish support of Trump just baffles me. I respect and understand that everyone has their own opinions and reasons, but it still leaves me baffled.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 1:47 pm
Ha green amother, I came here to post the same thing. 😁

sourstix

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 2:21 pm
Skvere will definitely vote for Hillary. she helped them in a case. I myself feel like not voting this time.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 2:25 pm
amother wrote:
Those who predict that Chassidishe Rebbes will endorse Trump, specifically which Chassidishe Rebbes are you thinking of?

Trump 9
Clinton 3???? HUH?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 3:51 pm
I am very chasidish. And I'm 'into' politics. And I have never, ever heard of a chasidish rebbe endorsing a presidential candidate. Skver endorsed Hillary for senator.

Furthermore, not all chasidish sects endorse political candidates. Most of the time it's actually the chasidish mosdos that endorse candidates; it hardly ever comes directly from the Rebbe. And even then, it is usually city and state candidates, not presidential candidates.

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 3:58 pm
Um, if the head of a non profit (as most of these groups are- it includes Shuls) talks about who to vote for, won't they risk losing their IRS status?

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 4:03 pm
The rebbes don't issue orders who to vote for. They don't even endorse, ever, AFAIK.

Community askanim do put pressure on everyone to vote. The local papers also usually endorse specific candidates.

I think Clinton has a record of getting things done and that will work in her favor in chassidish communities, where politics is not about ideology but practicality.

I suspect that, in many elections, these askanim don't even care about who specifically wins, but they do want to prove that they can get out the vote. The numbers they can mobilize have magical power over politicians. Let's face it, they want the votes and we want the clout/lobbying power. That's how it works. As long as there is no voter fraud, or corruption, it sounds like a win-win.

Maya

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 4:06 pm
amother wrote:
I am very chasidish. And I'm 'into' politics. And I have never, ever heard of a chasidish rebbe endorsing a presidential candidate. Skver endorsed Hillary for senator.

Furthermore, not all chasidish sects endorse political candidates. Most of the time it's actually the chasidish mosdos that endorse candidates; it hardly ever comes directly from the Rebbe. And even then, it is usually city and state candidates, not presidential candidates.

The Satmar KJ endorsed Hillary in the primaries, but that's because most of his Chassidim are registered Democrats.

I can't imagine that the askamin in a Chassidus would endorse a candidate without asking for the input of the rebbe.

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 4:06 pm
If NY is solidly Hilary, which I think it is there is no reason to specifically court the Chasidish vote because of the electorial college.

Last edited by happybeingamom on Wed, Jul 27 2016, 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics