Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Book to prepare for new baby

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 10:59 am
I am due in 3 weeks IYH. I would like to buy a jewish childrens book about mommy having a new baby to help prepare my 3.5 yr old. any suggestions?

self-actualization

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 11:23 am
These are not Jewish books but we loved the "I'm a new big sister" and "I'm a new big brother" books and read them many, many times.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 1:03 pm
Hello, baby is fantastic. Not Jewish but very well done. One illustration might be too much depending on how yeshivish you are it overall very appropriate. Check it out at Barnes and noble if you want to preapprove it.

lfab

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 1:19 pm
Yossi and Label Peanut Butter and Jelly for Shabbos is cute. Doesn't discuss mommy having a baby so much but shows how they try to help out when mommy is not home.
What About Me-haven't read this one in years and years so don't remember it too well. From what I recall it's about a little boy who feels sad and forgotten when his mother has a new baby and the baby is getting all the attention and lots of presents.

Those are the only 2 that I could think of off the top of my head.

seeker

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 9:49 pm
We had a great one that wasn't Jewish but very neutral. Very. I think it was called I'm a big sister and was part of a series that also included I'm a big brother and my big girl/boy potty books which was also a major favorite here. Really well done, totally neutral and tznius.

Ahuva's Mommy

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 9:42 am
From the Moishy series (I forgot the author) is Moishy's Little Sister

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 10:33 am
I'm a big brother/sister and the little critter book are all fine. not specifically jewish (obviously).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers