Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Office job salary
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 6:17 pm
amother wrote:
If u were making a 30k a year, that would be around $20 an hour.. I make less than that Sad

based on what ppl said above u should be making more.. especially if u dont get benefits..

I know what its like to be frustrated.. I hope u get a raise!

do u get paid for yom tov/ chol hamoed?

I realize that a lot of ppl make less... My issue is is that I have been working in this company for 6 yrs and I do A LOT more than I did when I started when I was making $16 an hr....

sky

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:34 am
amother wrote:
I realize that a lot of ppl make less... My issue is is that I have been working in this company for 6 yrs and I do A LOT more than I did when I started when I was making $16 an hr....

Put together a case and ask. I work in a non-Jewish office and the only way I've ever gotten a significant raise is by presenting my case, professionally, otherwise they are happy to keep the status quo.
I typically go through a manager who then goes to my boss. You could type up a letter explaining very specific details of why you deserve a raise and send it to both your manager and boss so they both see it and then ask for a meeting. Even if it is only with one the other will be aware.
Would that work?

Example e-mail:

Boss Name,

I'm grateful for the opportunity to work for the company and I enjoy doing so. I hope you'll agree that, in the six years I've worked for the company, I've become an integral member of the team and accomplished a great deal for the company.

However, I’m still working at about the initial salary at which I was hired as a XXX. In light of my accomplishments, I’m respectfully requesting a raise to put me at the industry standard.

Can you please let me know when would be a good time for me to call you to discuss this.

Recent Accomplishments:

1. ..
2. ..
3. ..
a.. Example
b.. Example

All completed with:

1. Thorough documentation
2. Positive working relationship with the rest of the team
3. Timely communication with management
4. ..

Recognition from the company:

1. Above average reviews
2. Positive feedback from management
3. Minimal raises over the years of employment (3% - 5%)
4. ....

What I am asking for in order to better serve the company:

1. Compensation to the industry standard of $xx,xxx.
2. Additional vacation days \ benefits
3. Title change from XXX to XXX
4. ...

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 11:32 am
amother wrote:

I know, ive been working at my place for a while too! and I also do A LOT more then when I started (my starting rate was lower though..)

we had the same issue.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 3:39 pm
im the op,

basically, what I think from all the responses, is after 5 years, starting at a entry level job, but during which you added and continue adding responsibilities to your workload, you should be earning minimum $20 an hour, and get a yearly bonus. (This job does not include benefits such as health insurance, etc.. but does include paid shabbos/ yom tov and vacation)

thanks for all your input!

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 3:42 pm
watergirl wrote:
Got it. Are you so sure about that? I've worked in frum and not Jewish offices and the pay was better and the respect was way higher in a not frum office.

I know, but I would like to avoid leaving my current job at the moment.

next job? I do not plan to limit my job prospects to a frum office.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 5:27 pm
Op here, I just want to thank you to all the amothers who provided such helpful responses.
You may have thought I wasn't providing enough info etc but I read and reread your responses and it gave me the confidence to know my self worth.
I BH have a wonderful job now. And I always think back to the posts I posted here (I posted a number of them regarding jobs) you really gave me chizuk and "pep talks".

Thank You!

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 06 2017, 5:31 pm
Watergirl and Honest to GD -
about the pay and respect.
Although My current employer IS Jewish, most of the other employees are not (It's a big company) and they treat me so well BH,
when I interviewed at other local jobs, the vibe was not the same unfortunately.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics