Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Gift for child who loves music

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 6:02 pm
I want to give my DD a present that has to do with listening to music. She loves borrowing my phone and listening to Jewish music. She has an instrument so I don't want to buy her anymore. She does have a CD player but we don't have very many CD's anymore. I don't want to get her a smart phone or phone cause she is way to young for that. Should I I buy her a few CD's? That seems so 1990's. Do they still sell IPod Nanos that I could pay and download music onto? Anyone have a better suggestion? Anonymous because I discussed this with a few friends.

Ahuvah2

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 6:35 pm
How old is she? Maybe music lessons.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 7:05 pm
She wants to play the piano but I was told it's better to wait until she reads well. She is 7. She majorly loves listening to music.

imasinger

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 7:18 pm
Musician here.

1. For listening, try an MP 3 or 4. You can load it for her w songs, and give her choice maybe for a few more.

2. Whaddya mean one instrument will suffice?! That's like saying to a person who loves to read that they already own a book, so why would they need 2. In our house, there is a baby grand, an electric piano, several keyboards, guitars, recorders for each member of the family, paddle drums, a drum pad, hand rhythm instruments, harmonicas, xylophone, a melodica, and a violin. Maybe more. They all are used and enjoyed, too. Oh, and microphones and recording devices, too.

3. You can give a gift of a couple of music lessons without committing to lessons ongoingly. Let her learn a few things over the summer and have fun, so she can experiment on her own till she's ready for more.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 7:21 pm
You could get a used ipod on Ebay, or a cheaper MP3 player, like Sansa Clip, and get her an iTunes gift card.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 10:02 pm
Excellent ideas. Thank you I am actually trying to figure out how to add music onto the Nabi she has. They said it can be done. If I can't do it easily I saw that the sans disk MP3 is $40 and looks perfect. It comes in pink and looks like a phone. Thanks ladies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children