Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Summary of toilet training in less than one day

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 9:56 am
can anyone summarize toilet training in less than one day method with the doll? Thanks!

busymom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 12:03 pm
I'm not familiar with it but all I can tell you is that unrealistic expectations will make the process extremely frustrating. And you train most effectively when you aren't worked up.
I recently trained my youngest child. I have several older ones so I've learned a thing or two about having realistic expectations. Going in I knew that there WILL be an accident at some point. This is the only way for them to learn.
I half-way followed Dina Friedman's method. Basically, the goal for the first day is simply awareness. The child should understand that he's making and know how to stop midstream. (This alone can take a day or two.) Every time ds made in the toilet, I fussed and rewarded with a chocolate chip. Also, instead of constantly talking about not making wet, I kept commenting that, wow, his underwear is dry.
As expected, there were a couple of accidents, but incredibly, this child trained in 2 days and has made almost no accidents since. It was the calmest and most rewarding training I've every had.
Having said all the above, no matter what method you use and how well you implement it, some kids are just harder to train than others. Not every child can be trained in 1-2 days, even if you do everything right.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 12:55 pm
I trained 2 kids in about a week with hardly any accidents afterward.
Kid #3 was fully trained in a day but had accidents for a month.

I used the same methods for all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training