Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Personal Space... say anything?

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:38 am
I need some advice... We have a new employee in my office who seems to have a real issue with personal space. She leans in close, sometimes on the arm rest of my chair, always talks really quietly, and will just pick up my pen or notepad if she wants to write something down. It's not creepy or s-xual or anything, just extremely awkward and possibly cultural.

The question is, do I say anything and how can I do it without sounding like a b****? I'm the office manager with a few people under me. The boss is a male, so if anyone says anything, I'm probably the best person to do it. I don't know if it bothers anyone else and I wouldn't want to bring it up? Any suggestions?

cm

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:48 am
Most constructive criticism goes over more easily with a smile.

It's ok to say "I prefer to have a little more personal space" when she leans on your chair, or "please use your own pen," but less offensive if said in a friendly way.

As the manager, please be direct rather than making hints.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics