Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Pre-approved for mortgage before house-hunting, best way?

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 6:15 pm
I live in Brooklyn.

Are some mortgage brokers better than others?

How do you choose? What differentiates a better mortgage broker from an inferior one? Is it only word of mouth? Everyone I now will probably recommend a different person that they use.

Please dont offer your services, as it means little unless many others say to use one specific person, and offer the benefits.

TIA

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 6:28 pm
YES be pre-approved before house hunting. I have someone great to call in monsey buy does loans all over. Ann Zeilingold 914-260-9000 or 845-354-9700.
Fm home loans. She runs the branch in Rockland county and is great!

Israeli

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 6:57 pm
We did not get pre approved but we were willing to close all cash if we would need to and that was the only way the real estate agent would pass our offer on to the seller- in most markets they won't even listen to your offer without pre approval or proof of funds.

We had a great mortgage broker. We had a complicated case (dh self employed, most of down payment was a gift etc) and he was able to get us approved without too much hassle. We were with a different broker before that who demanded a cosigner. Pm me if you want his info

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 7:25 pm
OP here.

Can anyone name mortgage brokers in either Boro Park or Flatbush, and if I see the same name gets mentioned multiple times, Id try them.

TIA

momX4

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 10:58 am
If you are a first time home-buyer you should ask if there is any programs that you can be eligible for.

I have used Ann Zeilingold for a pre approval, it was very easy. The house went to the highest bidder in the and we werent interested in playing that game, so I never actually closed with her.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:04 am
What makes Anne Zeilingold better/more user friendly than others?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:24 am
Im also interested in understanding what specifically makes one mortgage broker better than another?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:47 am
We had a wonderful experience with GFI Mortgage on Coney Island; we used Eli Matyas, a wonderful guy. As far as what's the difference between different brokers, most important is the rate they offer, but also the paperwork experience. Some can be very organized and make it smooth and relatively painless, while with others it can be pure torture.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics