Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Rainy day ideas

Beingreal

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 10:47 am
It's raining here and I'm trying to think of activities that I can do...(I'm 6 months pregnant) and it's hard for me to do some things. My dh is working today....What can I do with them? I'm trying to avoid watching as much as I can....

queenert

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:20 pm
I should get paid...I keep recommending this blog, but it's so good! She has some really fun activities that are so easy...
Handsonaswegrow

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:38 pm
Set them up with poster board and markers, or place each child in a cardboard box and have a decorating contest.
Take a trip to the dollar store.

More mess: spread plastic tablecloths on the floor and have shaving cream fights, water balloon fights, water guns spray bottles,

Bake sugar cookies and have a decorate your cookie contest, use sprinkles, m&ms, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, whatever you have on hand.

Fingerpaint is tons of fun, can be edible if you have toddlers.

Homemade play dough.

SingALong

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 7:40 pm
Salamander and frog hunting.

Today I let the kids remove the cushions from the couch, they set up an obstacle course and they played moonwalk. Jumped on pillows and couch. (My couches are old and faded...not $$$ so I don't mind ).

We saved eggshells, put dirt in each one inside an egg carton and placed 1 bean in each hole.

Read books.

Sticker projects.

And yes 1 hour of watching. My sanity depended on it.

gibberish

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 12:01 am
queenert wrote:
I should get paid...I keep recommending this blog, but it's so good! She has some really fun activities that are so easy...
Handsonaswegrow

Thanks for the suggestion! I checked out this blog and it has so many great ideas!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics