Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Daughter sings and listens to secular music day and night
Previous  1  2

gryp

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 1:27 pm
It depends on what you think is wrong with the non-Jewish music. If it's just the words, I guess that can be more easily fixed. If you hold like us, that it's the music itself that is damaging, that's a whole different story.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 9:34 pm
Posting as amother for obvious reasons. So far 4 out of 5 of my teenagers listened to nonjewish music. Some was more objectionable than others. We absolutly took away some cds when a kid bought it with "parental warning". I had to learn very fast how to use an mp3 player, not an ipod which as my son said is for the non-techies. He hid all is english music. His rebbi turned it on & found all the taped shiurim, jewish music, instrumentals..
Guess what? I believe that b/c we we gave leway, & you got some really good suggestions here how to do that, they all turned around.2 sold their their cds,1 cleaned out the mp3, & the youngest of the bunch,13 years,has drasticly cut back on her Country music(that was her vice). Make sure she knows you love & respect her & she needs to do the same for you.I hope that this music is your biggest challange

Ruchel

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 12:26 pm
What if the men in the beis din allow/listen to it too?

TammyTammy

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 12:28 pm
amother wrote:
ben sorer umorer - these children listening to this awful non jewish music must be brought to bes din to be killed

I had a witty retort planned, but then I decided against it.

DNFTT

Tammy

Ruchel

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 12:43 pm
what's dnftt?

TammyTammy

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 12:44 pm
Do Not Feed The Troll

Tammy

Ruchel

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 12:45 pm
thanks!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 1:02 pm
amother wrote:
ben sorer umorer - these children listening to this awful non jewish music must be brought to bes din to be killed
There's s/o among us who doesn't give up a single opportunity to blame parents for all ills of society's kids, with quotes from everywhere. This poster would prob. like to see the parents killed, or their parents parents, or their parents or their parents and everyone all the way back......

After all, poor quality parents, has poor quality parents that prob. made them poor quality parents.

Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 1:04 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
There's s/o among us who doesn't give up a single opportunity to blame parents for all ills of society's kids, with quotes from everywhere. This poster would prob. like to see the parents killed, or their parents parents, or their parents or their parents and everyone all the way back......

After all, poor quality parents, had poor quality parents that prob. made them poor quality parents.

Rolling Eyes

Correction made above

amother

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 8:35 am
TammyTammy wrote:
amother wrote:

I had a witty retort planned, but then I decided against it.

DNFTT

Tammy

TammyTammy wrote:
Do Not Feed The Troll

Tammy

I know we got over it, but reading this thread just made me shock

Clarissa

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 8:41 am
I don't see why. He made perfect sense in his responses to a troll. You need to move on.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 8:54 am
Yes, but he was the troll himself!!
Just thought it was interesting that HE pointed it out, that's it.

Clarissa

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 9:03 am
How do you know if he was the troll? Are you able to see IP address of everyone here? If so, let me know how I can do it. I'm always curious about who the amothers are.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 9:07 am
Amother's style is typical of Sue - but you're right, it's just my assumption.
In any case, he knew what he was talking about Twisted Evil LOL

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 9:12 am
hey ... it's always interesting one way or another ... when you see some poster from a differnet light ... and tammytammy would not be the only one ...

Purplehair

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 2:52 pm
Irony aside, just because Tammy was a guy doesn't mean his advice was wrong.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children