Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How could this happen?!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:12 pm
ARUTZ 7

6 teachers indicted for child abuse at haredi school

An indictment was filed this morning (Tuesday) against 6 teachers at a Tel Aviv haredi boys school associated with the Belz hassidic sect, on charges of child abuse against 22 of their students.

According to the indictment, the six were educators at the institution, and taught minors aged 3 to 10.

From 2000 to 2011, beginning when the students were 3-4 years old, until they were 10, the 6 men took advantage of their positions of power to enact daily systematic physical and mental abuse against the boys.

In addition, one of the educators was charged with sodomy and indecent acts against the boys during the period that the boys were aged 7 until age 10.

The same man was charged with blackmail, realized threats, and abuse of minors in his custody, in light of the fact that he physically abused his own son for years until his son left the house, and instilled an atmosphere of deep fear among members of his household.

He is also charged with animal abuse after, in 2006, he struck a cat that had wandered into the classroom with an umbrella, then proceeded to push it out of an upper level window in front of the boys, where it fell to its death.

The prosecution has requested that the last suspect remain in custody for the duration of the court proceedings, while the other 5 accused be released under limiting conditions.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:16 pm
Crying
Sadists!

sourstix

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:17 pm
I dont have any words to say. I am in shock. so appalling. so upsetting. now this is not something I can deal with. . I just opened the computer thinking this summer is relatively quiet. now this. :cry:

I am not surprized that so many frum are falling from yiddishkiet. and I just had this conversation with dh in reference to how so many just dont believe in anything. and I was trying to convince him that we still do..... now this....what a slap in the face. all I can say is that rabbonim are doing nothing and all this blood that is being spilled is on their hands. its happening on their watch. they will have to answer for this one day. and all they can think of "no internet" banning internet as if thats the answer to all our problems. so keep digging your head in the sand. just keep doing it. until one day they will have no choice but admit the truth. why in the world are they ok with this?! ok I am venting sorry, I just cant swallow this anymore. and I have nowhere to get this out.

debsey

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:24 pm
Angry Angry Teary Eyed Teary Eyed ......there are just no words. Poor kids. Poor parents. Glad it was brought to light so they can get therapy.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:33 pm
My thought is: to all the naysayers about the ring in Jerusalem...

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:35 pm
Omg I am shaking reading the allegations.

The poor, poor children.

And seeing them cover their faces with tzitzis made me want to throw up.

Maya

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:52 pm
Thank you God.

It is my fervent hope, and I pray, that such arrests and indictments become more frequent, until all the rebbes and menahelim that my family members and friends - and children of those family members and friends - and all other precious innocent little Chassidish boys have suffered under and were abused by, are locked up and never again allowed access to any minor.

Never mind s-xual abuse. The SYSTEMIC physical and emotional abuse that an overwhelming majority of Chassidish kids in mainstream large mosdos have suffered, and are still suffering, is unforgivable, and that we have allowed it to continue on for this long is on us.
I'm glad to see the Israeli police doing something constructive about it. Imy"h in America next.

Last edited by Maya on Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:53 pm
Maya wrote:
Thank you God.

It is my fervent hope, and I pray, that such arrests and indictments become more frequent, until all the rebbes and menahelim that my family members and friends - and children of those family members and friends - and all other precious innocent little Chassidish boys have suffered under and were abused by, are locked up and never again allowed access to any minor.

Never mind s-xual abuse. The physical and emotional abuse that an overwhelming majority of Chassidish kids in mainstream large mosdos have suffered, and are still suffering, is unforgivable, and that we have allowed it to continue on for this long is on us.
I'm glad to see the Israeli police doing something constructive about it. Imy"h in America next.

Amen.

cnc

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:56 pm
This is so so horrific that I'm praying that it's not true.
How can humans be so cruel?

Maya

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:58 pm
cnc wrote:
This is so so horrific that I'm praying that it's not true.
How can humans be so cruel?

I'm not surprised one bit. My brothers and friends have been repeating such stories for thirty years.

sourstix

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:58 pm
maya from your mouth to g-ds mouth. what a disgrace. shame on all the people that want to deny any of this. and I dont mean anyone in specific here. just all the ones in power. what have you to say for yourselves.? shame on you. I hope the victims keep coming. this is so good that finally there is a dent. hopefully they all get the sentences they deserve.

sourstix

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:00 pm
well I was surprised but now im not. now I am so sad that my heart hurts for these victims. all I can say is that the day will come when all these people will pay for what they have done. its time to pull the facade off of their faces.

imasinger

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:20 pm
What Maya said.

I am davening that those in charge will realize at last that this system is not chinuch, and must be changed from the ground up.

May all children, most especially those who have sadly come to think that abuse is how yidden are educated, find healing and a healthy love for Torah from loving, caring educators.

cnc

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:21 pm
Maya wrote:
I'm not surprised one bit. My brothers and friends have been repeating such stories for thirty years.

Beyond sick.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:34 pm
Horrific!

Question- if this is going in for years, it behooves me how no one knew about it? How did these monsters get away with abusing kids for 11 years? Where are the parents?

Every parent or adults who knows of abuse and does nothing, is an enabler!

According to the article in the news, the kids called this cheder "bergen belsen" and this rebbi a nazi! I see a million red flags. Didnt the parents?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:37 pm
amother wrote:
Horrific!

Question- if this is going in for years, it behooves me how no one knew about it? How did these monsters get away with abusing kids for 11 years? Where are the parents?

According to the article in the news, the kids called this cheder "bergen belsen" and this rebbi a nazi! I see a million red flags. Didnt the parents?

The mother of the boys could be on here. The parents probably didn't think that abuse happened in the frum community like many of the naysayers on here. Let this be a wake-up call for them.

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:40 pm
how could this not happen when it is ignored for decades upon decades ?!

Maya

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:40 pm
amother wrote:
Horrific!

Everybody knew, and everybody knows.
There's a very complicated power play in Chassidish society between parents and the schools, especially in the very tight-knit ones like Belz. As you can guess, it's not the parents who are in charge.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:41 pm
Horrible!!!!!! There should be an end to this horrible crime already.

Maya

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:46 pm
Just to crudely translate from Yiddish some tweets from a Satmar-style Twitter account:

"Unfrikkingbelievable what the Belz melamdim did to our little children... problem is, all of mine did worse..."

"Cruelty perpetrated against little first grade boys by chronically sadistic Belz melamdim... but we know they exist in all talmud torahs."

Paraphrasing this one: We don't need the news outlets to tell us what's going on in the boys chedarim; we lived through that hell for years.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics