Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is so bad about Hillary Clinton?
  1  2  3  14  15  16  Next

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 9:43 pm
I haven't had much time over the last few years to follow politics, but from what I've seen Hilary seems like a decently qualified candidate, and Donald trump seems like a train wreck. So can someone please explain to me why people are so against her?

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 9:52 pm
I am totally with you. I was in the park and some lady was totally aghast: "I cannot imagine any Jewish person voting for Hillary." I totally don't get it.

I think that from her past history people don't think she has particularly positive character traits. Apparently, she is mean, arrogant, etc.... ( I dont think that's different from other politicians!). Furthermore....Donald trump isn't exactly Mother Teresa.....

I am looking for a qualified president. I am not looking to hire the national rabbi or the Good Samaritan of the year. Ideally, our president would have those characteristics, but it's not happening.

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:02 pm
amother wrote:
I haven't had much time over the last few years to follow politics, but from what I've seen Hilary seems like a decently qualified candidate, and Donald trump seems like a train wreck. So can someone please explain to me why people are so against her?

Decently qualified is putting it mildly. She is exceptionally qualified. Like President Obama said, she is the most qualified candidate ever in the modern history of this country.

I don't understand anything.
I read these two articles and compared the lists of top ten campaign promises. One reads like a preschooler's tantrum and one reads like a sophisticated, idealistic, well thought out list of goals, and once again, I am just baffled.

http://politifact.com/truth-o-.....ises/

http://politifact.com/truth-o-.....ises/

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:11 pm
And if someone answers the title question with " but she's a liar," I'm going to scream. Because she said ONE lie, and Donald Trump doesn't. stop. lying. ever. In addition to the rest of his bats**t crazy. How are you even comparing the two, and how are you not embarrassed to use her supposed dishonesty when comparing her to someone who can win the gold medal in dishonesty when up against her?!

Where's the head spinning emoji?

tichellady

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:15 pm
http://www.dailykos.com/story/.....-seen

sequoia

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:20 pm
She's not very human or relatable, and she's as establishment as it gets.

But yeah, what with the alternative, I guess we should be relieved she's going to be the next president.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:26 pm
The problem is that we have a 2-party system so we only have 2 real choices. Maybe this election cycle will mark the end of the Republican party. I'm not sure yet what will arise to take its place. But maybe if there were more parties people would be less dichotomic in their thinking. They'd realize that every candidate has strong points and weak points, and you can agree with a candidate on certain issues and not on others. There would be less need to demonize candidates from the other side.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:28 pm
Jeanette wrote:
The problem is that we have a 2-party system so we only have 2 real choices. Maybe this election cycle will mark the end of the Republican party. I'm not sure yet what will arise to take its place. But maybe if there were more parties people would be less dichotomic in their thinking. They'd realize that every candidate has strong points and weak points, and you can agree with a candidate on certain issues and not on others. There would be less need to demonize candidates from the other side.

I would think our multiparty system could thrive if we could just get rid of Citizens United.

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:30 pm
amother wrote:
I would think our multiparty system could thrive if we could just get rid of Citizens United.

Which is on the top ten list of Hillary's campaign promises.

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:30 pm
tichellady wrote:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/11/1537582/-The-most-thorough-profound-and-moving-defense-of-Hillary-Clinton-I-have-ever-seen

Thank you. Printed this to read tomorrow.

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:33 pm
I wonder if it's possible to answer this question without comparing her to Trump?
A lot of people even Democrats agree she's a flawed candidate, she was investigated by the FBI. But Trump managed to make her look good to lots of voters (including me).

I can handle her not having a relatable personality.

Other issues might be partisan - Republicans are concerned about appointing liberal judges; stances on Israel, the Iran deal, etc.

Last edited by Simple1 on Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blessing1

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:33 pm
For one, if any of us would have done what Hilary has committed, we would be in federal prison. & she's running for president for gods sake.
She's a horrible low life big shot of a women as well.

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:34 pm
Seriously I am gonna put it on my screen name. Please explain it why people hate her so much? I understand that some are saying she is gonna try to make deals with the Arabs. Ok that is a problem. But to hate her so much. I mean my own mother says she's a machsheifa. Why? I want clear reasons. I am just trying to understand.

creditcards

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:34 pm
Trump is pro Israel and Hillary is not. That is a good enough reason for me to be against her.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:35 pm
amother wrote:

Interesting because Hillary is vastly outraising and outspending Trump. Still remains to be seen if elections can be bought with money. Seems Trump is trying to prove otherwise. He could have done it too if he had been able to reign in his crazier impulses.

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:36 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
For one, if any of us would have done what Hilary has committed, we would be in federal prison. & she's running for president for gods sake.
She's a horrible low life big shot of a women as well.

And yet, it is Trump who is currently involved in legal battles and court cases regrading his fraudulent university.

What exactly makes her a low life? Did she make fun of the handicapped? Did she throw a baby out of her rally? Did she say horrible things about women and Gold Star families? All these are low class things, and it seems you're confused as to which candidate did what.

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:41 pm
Hillary might be corrupt, but the title of low-life, as Maya pointed out is more applicable to Trump.

fmt4

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:43 pm
creditcards wrote:
Trump is pro Israel and Hillary is not. That is a good enough reason for me to be against her.

Can you tell me where you get your information from? Like which news websites etc? You seem to be so informed and knowledgeable on the policies of the candidates and their views on Israel. I'd love to know as much as you do.

I mean, like I read Hillary's speech to aipac http://time.com/4265947/hillar.....ript/
and it sounded extremely pro- Israel, all the left wing websites hated it and said she sounded like Netanyahu, but you obviously have way better sources, so please can you please help me to get things like you do, oh credit cards?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by fmt4 on Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

tichellady

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:44 pm
creditcards wrote:

This may be how you see things but I don't think it's objectively true. And I don't think it's the real reason why some people feel so much anger towards her ( maybe for you but most people in the US don't care about Israel). I think the real reason is misogyny- people have unrealistic expectations of women in power and criticize their every move. I am not saying Hilary is perfect but I think if she were male, people would be much easier on her.

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 10:46 pm
Misogyny is definitely a reason, but can that explain women's hatred of her too?
Page 1 of 16   1  2  3  14  15  16  Next Recent Topics