Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How much do you pay your cleaning lady per hour?
Previous  1  2

iriska_meller

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 2:11 pm
I found my current cleaning lady and the 4 babysitters over the past year on care.com. Paid account is worth every penny.
I have a 4Br/2.5bath house and I pay the cleaning lady $100 for the job. She does all surfaces, floors (vacuum and mop), straightens everything, cleans kitchen, bathrooms, deck and sweeps basement. On occasion I ask her to do extras. She is very quick and thorough and usually takes about 4-5 hours to finish everything.
I don't like the idea of paying hourly for cleaning, because then they will just take 3 hours cleaning the kitchen. When you pay for the job, there is an incentive to get it done well and quickly.
I am in Orange County NY. PM me if you are looking, I know my cleaning lady was looking for additional work.

sky

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 3:20 pm
Just went up to $11. 6 hours per week. She required that we fill her week with minimum for 30 hours.

Clarissa

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 3:23 pm
About $20/hr but I'm about to offer her a raise because she's so nice and I raise rates every year.

debsey

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 6:48 pm
debsey wrote:
I pay 11, but mine speaks no English. 12 is the going rate in Lakewood for english speaking ladies.

I should say I have her more than full time, 8 hours a day plus 3 hours on Sunday. That's probably why I pay less per hour. She knows she's only cleaning one house.

theotherone

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 9:32 pm
$15. 3 hours every other week.
Not NY. Doesn't speak much English BUT shows up every time, is honest, and works hard.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 9:44 pm
Clarissa wrote:
About $20/hr but I'm about to offer her a raise because she's so nice and I raise rates every year.

Can I work for you Wink

Clarissa

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 11:09 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Can I work for you Wink
If you saw my place you might rescind that offer... Smile

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 11:12 pm
debsey wrote:
I should say I have her more than full time, 8 hours a day plus 3 hours on Sunday. That's probably why I pay less per hour. She knows she's only cleaning one house.

Wow, is there really enough to clean for that many hours? Does she babysit too?

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 11:26 pm
$10-$12 an hour in la ( depends on how many hours). If she asked for more I would probably pay more. She is my lifesaver!

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 1:19 am
Brooklyn, Boro Park. $10.00 dollars an hour. 6 hrs once a week.

shev

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 2:12 am
I pay 45 shekel an hour. I have her four hours a week.

willymom

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:46 pm
11..babysits and cleans.....minimal english

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 2:16 pm
$12/hr for 40-45 hrs/week plus $25 a week for transportation. She cleans and babysits. I was paying $10+transportation for 18 hrs/week when she was only cleaning.

debsey

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:
Wow, is there really enough to clean for that many hours? Does she babysit too?
yes. And irons and chops ingredients for me let my offices in my basement. Pretty much everything that needs doing that I can't do because I'm working.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 3:59 pm
I pay $10/hr. Last week I got a new cl. She took forever to clean a square foot. A simple bathroom with sink took over an hour. And I clean it daily. Took an hour over her lunch. When it came to leaving... she wanted $15/hour and would not take out garbage cuz it's dh job. I told her she won't educate me. (never mind what she looked like, but suddenly became a besserer mentch)

Hydrangea

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 8:45 am
I'm in BP and pay $12.50/hr for 9 hours a week. She does what others did in 13 hours a week @ $10/hr so I am ok with that.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 7:26 am
9 dollars (I translated)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics